Search

Timeshare Tours in Cancun?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2003, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timeshare Tours in Cancun?

Ok, I have been warned regarding the timeshare sales offers we will get at the airport. Has anyone ever done these - and what kinds of &quot;promotions&quot; are they offering. We did one in Cabo - and we know how to say no - and we ended up with lots of great stuff, like tours, taxi rides, tequilla - oh, and no new timeshare, we have one we love.<BR>Cindy
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 11:52 AM

At the airport, get your bags and get out. Do NOT go to the &quot;tourist information&quot; booth by the baggage claim...they are all time share sellers there. Get out and get away as fast as you can. If you want to waste valuable vacation time with sleaze bag sales people that is your call
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 12:58 PM

we did the timeshare presentation for the Mayan Palace. We got a free rental car for 2 days but was also offered $150 cash. It was the worst experience of our whole trip. The salesmen are very rude. They would not take no for an answer. We heard stories later, of making women cry and one couple was stranded and had to pay their own way back to their resort. I would advise to say away from the Mayan Palace.
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

You are both right - vacations are too short to be treated rudely. We did it with another couple - power in numbers I guess. We toured the Westin in Cabo, hoped the name &quot;WESTIN&quot; would mean a little more class.<BR>Thanks for the insight!<BR>Cindy
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 04:19 PM

A few years ago In PV I went into a store called something &quot;Maya&quot; (where they sell strictly things made by the Maya)not far before the bridge in old town. Not the place to buy a Maya hammock surely($), but mine had worn out from the year before, and I needed a new one. Yhe employee there was relentless with his time share sell. He told me I could get a forty percent discount on everything and anything I bought. Told him upfront I wasn't interested in spending, what he claimed would be, even twenty minutes of my time, for ANY price. I bought several very high quality items from this store that I believe to be one of a kind and I am happy with that. But, I was pestered the entire time by this guy pointing out to me what I would save on each item by just spending twenty minutes with him at a time share. When the total bill was rung, he pointed out again what it would be if I complied with his request. It was tempting. When for the 43rd time I said no, he became quite surly. I'm used to the guys on the street and hurry on past with a polite dismissal and if followed (yeh, sometimes they chase after you like a dog biting on a moving tire) just keep saying NO and mean it! I am not used to employees in stores harrassing you. Those places used to be the sanctuary...the places you ducked into to shed yourself of one! If you are actually interested in investing in a time share and don't mind spending a few weeks doing nothing but listening to sales pitches because you are geuinely interested, you can get some real deals.