The BEST Canopy Tour in CR?

Old Oct 31st, 2004, 03:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The BEST Canopy Tour in CR?

Between Monteverde, Tobacon, Sky TRek, and Osa, which canopy tour would you rate as the "Best"?
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 10:02 AM

Where is the canopy tour in Tabacon?

There are two SkyTrek locations, one in Arenal and one in Monteverde.

Possibly the Arenal SkyTrek is the one being attributed to Tabacon?
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I believe you are right. Do you prefer one over the other? We will be traveling with our two sons (in their 20's) and it is something I thought they might enjoy. How far are the zip lines from San Jose? It seems like everything is so far, we only have two and a half days free before we leave for Osa Peninsula. THANK YOU FOR REPLYING.
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 11:53 AM

We only did one canopy tour so can't compare to others, but it was great--Selvatura. http://www.selvatura.com/
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 07:01 AM

From San Jose, you can peak from 3 Canopies (at least), check this ?Canopy? video from Turu Ba Ri park, they call it Sensational Cable or Superman Zip Line. The park is about 1 hour from San Jose: http://www.turubari.com/videos.html
It takes a couple of minutes to watch the video.
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 12:14 PM

The canopy tour at Tabacón is in the La Fuentes section of the property across the road. Created by the "Original Canopy Tour Co." it's a short tour, but the last stop is poolside.
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 12:31 PM

Wow, from San Jose? The distance, I couldn't tell you in Km. There are canopy tours closer to San Jose than Arenal. The San Lorenzo canopy tour is on the road to Arenal. We stopped for lunch at the adjacent restaurant. I couldn't rate San Lorenzo as the best in CR, as your original question asks. If you are in the Arenal region, I strongly recommend SkyTram/SkyTrek. If you are going out of your way to reach Arenal, only for zip lines, I might recommend that you go to the zip lines nearest to San Jose so that you can go to Osa Peninsula; and the above posts are more helpful for this goal (than I could be).
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 02:48 PM

Of the better canopy trips are there any tour companies that would pick us up at the Four Seasons for a 5-7 hour outing deep into a dense canopy with bird and animal life?
Thanks.
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 08:51 PM

Stan, it would be great, but isn't very realistic--

The activity from the canopy tours (or zip lines, whatever you want to call them) tends to send the animals packing. The canopy tours are merely fun diversions that will provide you with an adrenaline rush, but not much wildlife!

Your best bet to enjoy the wildlife is to hire a guide to take you into the Rincon de la Vieja for a day of hiking through the tropical dry forest, which is the type of forest vegetation in the area of the Four Seasons. Horseback is a good option for viewing as well.