so, what's the REAL deal with Ramon's?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only see mixed reviews on the place - some say request a newer unit on the beach but when you call them direct, they say all units were refurbished about 4 years ago. I can't tell if it's an "in" place to stay or a dump. We're planning our honeymoon but are also looking for FUN. We like to be in the middle of everything...
Any suggestions?
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 02:30 PM

That is the real deal -- mixed reviews. Some people, especially first-timers to Belize, love Ramon's. Others think it is somewhat overpriced and that some of the rooms, mainly the ones at the back, are noisy and not that attractive. Four years is a long time in hotel years.

It definitely has a good location at near the south end of town, a nice beach, and it does tend to attract a younger, more party-oriented crowd than some of the other hotels.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Old Oct 11th, 2004, 02:40 PM

I'm not the Belize expert that Lan is, but, I wouldn't pay what they're charging to stay at Ramon's. There are simply too many other places that are just as nice, for far less money. I certainly wouldn't call it a 'dump', just overpriced. Jean
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

so, do you think Victoria House would be a better choice - to have a nice honeymoon spot but still be able to get into town to party and be in the mix?
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 10:35 AM

Victoria House looks absolutely beautiful. I'd give it serious consideration for a honeymoon. I've walked by there several times, but I think for multiple comings and goings each day, I'd either take a cab or rent a golf cart.

If you don't feel the need for a resort type atmosphere, the condos are The Palms are right next door to Ramon's, and they're really nice. We looked at one a couple weeks ago while we were in town. Our past two visits we've stayed at Belizean Reef, which is next door to the Palms. Frankly, I like the condos better at Belizean Reef, but no pool. Jean
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 01:58 PM

VH is fabulous and well worth the $. Sun Breeze is less $ than Ramons, close by, well worth the money, but has a sea wall, not a great walk in beach like Ramons, which is one of the better ones on the island.
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 04:46 PM

You may want to check out Banyan Bay. Nice units, new pool, decent restaurant and you're still relatively in the middle of everything. It's also closer to town than Victoria House.