Search

si como no or la mariposa

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
si como no or la mariposa

Hi everyone, I've read reviews of each of these hotels but was hoping for someone to guide my husband and me on which one would be better for us (including room category). Money is not too much of an issue (we'd like to keep it at $200 or less a night though), but we have mixed tastes. I've become spoiled traveling for business so I like comfortable beds and good accommodations. At the same time, we're the types who like to go off resort and really get to know locals, engage in adventure and off the beaten path activities, etc. Another prerequisite for when we are at the resort is a swim-up bar. We'd like other people around (we don't want a real quiet, intimate setting), but we don't want herds of kids. (We have two and it would make us sad to see kids when ours aren't with us!) Which hotel and room type do you recommend? Thanks so much!
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 12:13 PM

Si Como No gets rave reviews , but La Mariposa is not so lucky . Whether it has a swim up bar or not , I am not certain , you might want to peek at Hotel Parador .....
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 12:57 PM

Haven't been to Mariposa, but I love Si Como No. There is a really cool swim-up bar, and although there are some kids, there were no herds! We stayed there on our honeymoon, and the kids didn't bother us. The reason I picked it over the others is that it has the best ranking of any hotel in the area on sustainable and environmental practices (according to the CST, a sustainable tourism organization). And it's very easy to go outside the resort--there's a great cafe called Cafe Milagro that we'd walk to. Have a great time!
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 02:39 PM

I was just at both hotels on a site inspection and liked them both.
The La Mariposa has a very nice swim up bar that also overlooks the ocean with an infinity type pool.

Didn't see lots of kids around either hotel - but that will depend on the week and school holidays more than anything.

At La Mariposa their superior rooms in the separate buildings were nice. They had very nice suites in the main building but up 2 or 3 flights of stairs.

Don't think you would go wrong with either place.

Cheers,
Andrew
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 02:37 PM

I stayed at both hotels in December and Si Como No was far and away the better experience! Originally booked at Mariposa but was disappointed in the room, and the service was dreadful, so we switched to Si Como No and just loved it. It also has a fantastic adult only pool with a swim up bar. The rooms are much much nicer than Mariposa, too. Enjoy!
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 04:50 AM

Author: patga
Date: 03/20/2005, 08:14 am
Message: Why does La Mariposa get such negative reviews? Is it really that bad? The reason I'm asking is my sister wants to stay there this time around. Have stayed at other hotels in Manuel Antonio. Si Como No was nice but a little too disneyish for me, El Parador was beautiful but the service there was terrible.

We do several trips, including spending alot of time at the beach. We are pretty outgoing people that can tolerate not so great service. We just want a good swimup bar and a great sunset. Can we find that here?

I know there are other hotels that will offer what we want but the price is too high