Search

Sheraton Cancun Resort

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2002, 07:29 AM
RG

Sheraton Cancun Resort

I'm planning on staying at the Sheraton Cancun Resort & Towers in Cancun at the end of June. My boyfriend and I are interested in an active yet romantic vacation and we are more interested in the Mayan ruins etc. I have never been to Mexico. Any tips about Cancun and the ruins and the hotel like what type of rooms would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thank you,<BR>RG

Old May 16th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Patty

I've stayed in a couple of different sections of this hotel and would recommend the club rooms in the tower building. There's a small ruin you can see right on this property. I would also definitely recommend taking a day trip to Chichen Itza or even an overnight. This is the largest, most excavated ruins site that is easily accessible from Cancun (2-3 hour drive). Another site you can easily visit is Tulum which is a smaller oceanfront site south of Cancun (about 1 1/2 hour drive). Coba is another ruin south of Cancun but a bit inland. I have not been to this one, but you may want to research this too. Hope this helps.

Old May 16th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Sant

My wife stayed in the Sherton tower and said the room is comparable to Le Meridien (she said the bathrooms were actually larger). But the other part of the Sheraton is older and not quite as nice.<BR><BR>Since you're on a romatic vacation I'd just stick to Tulum, or maybe a day trip combining Tulum with snorkeling at Xel-ha.

Old May 16th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Joanna

The Sheraton Towers are pretty nice, the beach is great, the bathrooms are large, I tried to take a shower in the bath tub with a long nozzle, hanging on the clothes line (I was thinking what a messed up shower), when I got out I noticed there was a shower too!! <BR><BR>The location in Cancun is pretty good too, a quick cab ride to any clubs or restaurants. Not much in the activity area in Cancun, you would want to drive south on the main highway and explore all the amazing resaurants and beautiful beaches along the way. Go as far as the Tulum Ruins, and slowy head back..For a romantic dinner, stop off at Oscar y Lalo's in Punta Soliman or Casa Cenote in Tankah, and have a romantic lobster dinner right on the beach in a casual enviroment. <BR><BR>I would also go to Chitzen Itza, pretty memorable..

Old May 16th, 2002, 03:27 PM
dougout

Stayed in the non-tower section in 1999 and was not real impressed with the room. No balcony or even a window that opened. Smelled of mildew. The pool is NOT on the ocean side of the property. The rest of the hotel is fine so take the advice of others and upgrade to the tower. Tulum is only 90 minutes away and for my time and money is well worth the trip. The best romantic dinner is LaHabichuela by far. I tell everyone and they are all happy. Reserve a table in the garden!!!!!