Search

Cabo Car Rental

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Amy

Cabo Car Rental

We are traveling to Cabo on Sunday, May 19. We are staying at the Solmar Suites in the Playa Grande timeshares. Would it be more economical to rent a car rather than take a taxi to various locations- dinner,shopping, and a little sightseeing. I would appreciate any feedback.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Amy

Old May 16th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Mr. x

If you are involved in an accident you go to jail. You go to jail and the passengers go to jail. Make sure you have ample coverage however take note it will not keep you out of jail if you are involved in an accident. Check out Car Accident in Mexico Frommer's.com

Old May 17th, 2002, 02:52 AM
janey

Not sure if walking into town is an option from Solmar Suites, but if you plan on doing alot of traveling around, a car rental is probably the most economical. We were in Cabo last month and the taxis are pretty expensive. A great restaurant in Cabo is La Republica-a little pricey, but great food, service and romantic. Todos Santos is a good day trip. Have fun, wish I was going back.

Old May 17th, 2002, 05:08 AM
Amy

Thanks for the info-we'll try to remain accident free if we rent a car!

Old May 17th, 2002, 01:14 PM
sara

Amy, we have stayed at the Solmar many times and it is within walking distance to town, maybe a 10 minute walk, 5 minutes to the fishing docks. We rented a car once and got rid of it as soon as possible, the deductible on the insurance was $500.00 and that was including minor damage which could easily happen in Cabo just being parked. Unless you want to do a lot of driving out of town I would just take taxis or walk. There are some good bus tours to the other towns in the area.