Search

San Jose airport hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Jose airport hotel

Hello,

I am looking for a hotel close to the airport. Our flight out is at 7AM so we need to be up and out early and we have a four year old to get moving. We will be driving in the afternoon/evening before so we won't spend much time there. Basically I just want a mid-range hotel for a good nights sleep.

Any ideas are appreciated.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 04:59 AM

Maybe return your car a day early, and take the hotel's shuttle to and from the airport? There are several nearby hotels that have free or low-cost shuttles.
http://www.monteverdeinfo.com/hotel/hampton-inn/
Closest to airport, free breakfast, next door to rental car return, free shuttle, pool, etc.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 09:22 AM

I always see recommendations for the Adventure Inn, so you might check that out too.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 09:58 AM

Adventure Inn gets recommended all the time and I believe is a little less "canned" than Hampton Inn (have stayed at Adventure Inn and it's fine and offers free shuttle, have only looked at Hampton Inn inside/out, didn't like).

I like Orquideas Inn for the restaurant/bar and pool factor, but some people who have stayed on the street side have mentioned it was noisy (I've stayed 3 times and didn't have a noise issue). I'd ask for a room away from the road.
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 07:16 PM

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last Saturday. It was in the same complex as the Hampton. They have an airport shuttle that runs all the time. (free) It was VERY close to the airport and all the rental car returns. We ended up returning our car a day early because we didn't need it with the free shuttle to the airport. A couple of the car rental places were on the property. There were a couple more within a couple blocks.

After we returned our car to Budget, they gave us a ride back to the hotel. However, when we realized that we'd left something in the car, we walked back over there and it only took a few minutes.

It has a free breakfast and even free international calls. There was a luggage scale in the lobby which I thought was a nice touch.