Search

Riviera Maya All-Inclusives

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riviera Maya All-Inclusives

Hi guys, I'm booking a trip in the next couple days to Riviera Maya and I have it narrowed down to Barcelo Maya Colonial/Tropical, Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, and Secrets Capri Riviera. Any recommendations as to what I should choose?!!

It's just me and my boyfriend, we're 25, and ideally the place would be big with nice pools, good beach, clean and comfortable rooms, good food, and lots to do.
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Secrets is adults only, has good food and great service, but not the best beach. You don't have to make dinner reservations and can eat at an ala carte restaurant every night.
The IB Paraiso Lindo is a family resort with GREAT pools, nice big beach, OK food and great service. You can eat ala carte very night and have a concierge to make your dinner reservations.
The Barcelo is HUGE and has a very nice beach with decent snorkeling right from their beach. I'm not sure how many ala carte dinner reservaions you get there, but it's not every night.
Secrets would be the most quiet since it's adults only. The Iberostar and Barcelo may offer more options for activities.
They are all wonderful resorts.
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 04:22 AM
KVR

Also look at the Iberostar Paraiso Grande, which is their adults only resort.

Of the 3 you listed I'd pick Secrets just because it's smaller and quiter, but I would rather stay at the IB Paraiso Grande.

We've stayed at the Royal Playa del Carmen and loved it. It's within walking distance to 5th Avenue in Playa. Great location.
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:25 PM

Out of the 3 I would pick SEcrets
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 03:11 PM

Only one we've been to is the Barcelo Tropical/Colonial & have been twice in last 2 years. Loved it!! You get 4 ala cartes if you stay 7 nights. Beach is fabulous & why we picked it since there is off beach snorkeling & great for our kids.
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

Thank you guys for all of your responses. Paraiso Grand and Royal Playa del Carmen were a little more than we were hoping to spend, but I did look at them!

Schmerl, how much worse is the beach at Secrets compared to the other two? The rooms and restaurants look great online, and I've read nothing but good reviews for there, so that is where we are leaning.

Iberostar and Barcelo also look great but I've read mixed reviews on both places. Let me know if you care to differ!

Also, let me know which excursions you guys have found worthwhile if you get a chance!
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of the three the Barcelo has the best beach, but the beaches at the other two are fine. The ocean water at Secrets Capri is someimtes murky, but is swimable. Sometimes it is clear...mother nature is in charge.
Capri will get you ala carte dining every night of your stay without worring about dinner reservations. They also have the best food od th thr three resorts you mention.
Being adults only would sell me on the Capri over the other two!!