Resort info Rivera Maya area

Jun 22nd, 2005, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Resort info Rivera Maya area

Planning a trip for Mar.or Apr. 2006 & looking for input on the Iberostar resorts, for family vacation. Issues with food & water?? Trying to decide whether to go to Mexico or Hawaii.
Jun 22nd, 2005, 11:34 AM

WE just booked the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar for Christmas week. My travel agent was there a couple months ago and she and her family loved it. There are three or four Iberostar hotels right next to each other. She said the pool has lots of acitivities, but if you want quiet, go to the beach. Everything I've read about the Iberostars in Riviera Maya have been positive. People said the food was fine and they provide you with bottled water. The ice for drinks is made with filtered water.
Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:44 PM

We were just at the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar in March with our 3 yo and 8 month old, our brother and sister-in-law and their 6 month old. The pools were great - although it was spring break week and chairs were "reserved" pretty early. No issues with food or water for any of us, and our 3 yo had plenty of strawberry daiquiris! We had a very relaxing (as relaxing as three toddler/infants can be) time. The Brazilian restaurant was especially good. We took two trips to Playa del Carmen. Otherwise, we just relaxed by the beach and pool. The grounds are huge and beautiful. The year before, we spent a week at the Bahia Principe Tulum and also had no issues with food and water. Good luck!
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:20 PM

We stayed at the Iberostar Quetzal in Playa del Carmen this past April. While I considered other Iberostars, I picked the Quetzal because I thought it'd be more fun and unusual for the kids. The hotel is literally built around a jungle, with monkeys, birds and other animals everywhere. The hotel is beautiful, the service was great, and we had a blast. Check out all the reviews on tripadvisor.com.

Good luck!
Jul 19th, 2005, 06:44 PM

The Iberostar Paraiso complex has great food,is immaculately maintained, and the service is extraordinary. The grounds are lovely, there are flamingoes, peacocks, parrots, swans, and lemurs. The beach is gorgeous. The big catch right now is to find out how much damage they have sustained from hurricane Emily. I think power and phones are still out. We were there in May and hope to return in September. We had no issues with food & water.