Search

rental cars in Quepos??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2004, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rental cars in Quepos??

Message: We are renting a villa 2 miles ouside of Quepos in the high season (late Jan to early Feb)and are trying to figure out whether we need to reserve rental cars. There will be 3 couples in the villa and we have read that there is good public transportation in Quepos (taxis, etc). We are planning on booking a personal driver to take us from San Jose to Quepos - but will not be sure if we will even need rental cars until we get there (while in Quepos we are not planning on traveling far out of town). If anyone has rented cars in Quepos, in the high season, and can give us some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Old Nov 1st, 2004, 11:31 AM

It depends on where the villa is located ... 2 miles outside of Quepos toward the park (on the Manuel Antonio Road)? If the villa is located on the M.A. Road, you won't need a vehicle as buses run every 1/2 hour from Quepos to the park until sundown and taxis "run" the road constantly. If you have a better description of the property, I can advise you better.

Lisa in M.Antonio
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 11:41 AM

a $5 cab ride will get you almost anywhere you want to go in the area
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

We are staying in Casa Samba a villa on the way to MA. I am not sure exactly how far it is, sorry I cannot be more of a help in terms of exact location.
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 01:05 PM

We rented a car last February outside San Jose. I selected the hotel (Melia Cariari) because it had an Avis rental desk in its lobby, which made car rental pickup and drop off a breeze. We were able then take advantage of the free hotel shuttle bus to/from airport and leave luggage at the hotel as we flew off to different cities. Avis had the cheapest rates at that time. YOu may find a hotel in Quepos with similar services - Claire
Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:03 AM

If memory serves me correctly, Casa Samba is located on a private road directly below the Villas El Parque. It's only a short 5-7 minute walk up the road to pick up the bus on the M. Antonio Road. Taxis will surely pick you up at your villa with a small increase on the fare for traveling off the main road. Generally the taxis accommodate 3-4 people but I'm beginning to see a few more large van taxis in the area that would accommodate all of you. If these conditions are acceptable to your group, you won't need to rent a car. Enjoy your stay!