Search

Villas Mymosa?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Villas Mymosa?

I came across this property. I'm having trouble finding a place for my family of 4 around $150/ night. Does anyone know anything about this place? I know it's in Quepos not MA itself but we will have a car. Any comments welcome!
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 05:09 AM

Nice sort of rustic pretty far from the park

in Quepos not a scenic town...

have stayed at www.villatecahotel.com

in MA closer to the park usually good prices

might check on that...
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 05:58 AM

Villa Mymosa actually is in Manuel Antonio district not Quepos, located on the same road as Hotel California. (Not sure if qwovadis is thinking of the same hotel since Teca is the same distance from the park as VMymosa.) I stayed at Mymosa several years ago in the 2 bedroom unit and found it to be well equipped, clean and spacious. I frequent the restaurant at Mymosa on occasion and if Chef Stefan is still there, you're in for a treat! I find the grounds to be well kept, nice chaises for poolside lounging, the WiFi is a big plus too. Just my dos colones worth, hope it helps! Enjoy Manuel Antonio! Lisa
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 06:39 AM

I too a continually puzzled by QVs constant recommendations of Villa Teca - especially in this case where he says it is much closer to the park than Mymosa and then goes on to state that Mymosa is in Quepos.... As Lisa has already pointed out it is pretty much the same as they are both on opposite sides of the same cross road - about 2 km from the Quepos and 5 km from MA Beach and Park. And as for "rustic" I am not sure what his definition it. I wonder if he has ever seen a room there or even know where the place is, so I doubt if he has any personal experience. He does not appear to know where the place he is recommending is or else has it mixed up with somewhere else

I have never sayed there, but have seen one or two of the units and found them as Lisa describes. Our condo is a bit farther up the same road, so I am very familiar with the neighbourhood. The grounds are well kept. My only complaint would be that the pool area is not that large and right next to their parking area. But it is nicely kept and with greenery. The location is convenient - just off the main road and close to a bus stop. But since you will have a car, I guess that is not that important. As well as their own restaurant, there are several other places to eat in the area. Based on the prices and what you get it seems to be a good value.

raquel
Old Sep 30th, 2009, 10:02 PM

Absolutley I recomend "Villas Mymosa"!! We went in 2/09-3/09 and had an amazing time. Very close to MA beach.
The staff at the Villas are "wonderful". From Stefen, Edgar/Chef's and great company. These two can make amazing gourmet food for great prices. Maria our housekeeper was also wonderful and everything was very clean and the units have a lot of room. We went in the high season and we had the pool to ourselves soo many times. Owner is very friendly and office staff have a lot of tour information if you are interested and they set up everything for you right there and you get picked up.(This depends possibly on the tour you take)
We would definatley stay there again. We had breakfast each morning which comes with your stay and the gal that made our breakfast very friendly!! Try to get the units up front next to pool area nicer view than the back side. If this is your first time to CR i would highly recommend getting with your car rental a GPS. Takes you right to where you need to go. If your landing in San Jose it's about 3hrs to get to the Villas there is the domestic flights into Quepos which is very very close to the Villa.. The people in MA are very very friendly, beach area is amazing. Have a great time!! Hope this info. helps w/your travel decisions.
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 12:44 PM

I have never stayed here. But I have visited, and hung out at the open air bar and pool. I did check out the rooms too. These are actually small condos.

It is important to note that almost nothing is right on the beach in the Quepos / Manuel Antonio area. Even the high end hotels require a taxi or shuttle to get to the beach. This place is no exception.

Villas Mymosa did not blow me away. But I would say they are worth $150.00 per night for four people. Actually, a good value at that price.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can offer more advice.

Warm Regards,
Pat Hewitt
(Travel professional)
www.TrueCostaRica.com (NON COMMERCIAL blog)