Villas Nicolas in Manuel Antonio?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone has stayed here before in Manuel Antonio? If you have, I'd love to know your experience and of any rooms in particular that you thought were great. We need a room for 2 people and want a large balcony and hammock. We're more about the view than what's inside, but can't hurt to have great decorating too! Thanks so much.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 04:26 AM

We loved VN, I am an OCRIN....(obsessive, compulsive, research internet nut!!!) when it comes to planning our trips. I looked at alot of properties online before making this choice.It was great, we were there 5 years ago, but we looked at the place last June when we rented a house just down the road from VN. (We had our entire family and needed a bigger place.)

Be sure and ask for an upper unit if you want the best view. Our unit had more jungle view than ocean view. All of the units do have ocean view, but the lower units have a little less. I will confess the beds were not the best in our unit, too soft, we like a hard bed. But the place was spotless, and we saw lots of wildlife from the property. There are a lot of stairs up and down to the lower units. But the vews are so specatcular, you enjoy the trek.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 04:54 AM

Villas Nicolas is a sweet place, wish I could remember room numbers....

But it's a sweet, charming place.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 05:02 AM

We got to see it and met people who were staying there when we were in MA; they loved it. It's in a good location too.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 04:43 PM

My 81 year old mother and I stayed there a couple years back. I thought it was 'okay'. I think the general feeling I had of Manuel Antonio rubbed off on our stay at Villas Nicholas. I loved the tour of the park, but I probably would not travel to MA again. The people who worked at VN were very nice; the room was spacious; the view was more jungle than ocean, so it was on the 'dark' side rather than 'bright'. My mom found the walking on their paths extremely slippery. We did check out early, and spent more time where we began our trip - Vista del Valle (one of my 10 top places of all time). Overall, I'd give VN an 7 out of 10. If I recall, the price was reasonable, and the places I would have preferred staying were way over my budget. If your traveling with healthy and active people, then you'll enjoy your stay very much.
Wa state
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 05:56 PM

We stayed there about four years ago and enjoyed the view from our room very much. There are definitely more luxurious places to stay, but it was clean and comfortable enough and the little pool was nice too. The best part was the huge balcony and great view though. I can't remember our room number, but we were upstairs. Oh yeah, there was no air conditioning at the time. I don't know about now though.
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 04:50 AM

Mango Moon is another small place along the same lines if you're interested. Our first room wasn't great, but they upgraded us to a swanky private suite that had its own private balcony and a hammock. A lot of the rooms share a big balcony, and we wanted more privacy than that, but you might check it out. You can see pics at www.tripadvisor.com.