Hotel v. Rental in Manuel Antonio

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was considering staying at Villas Nicolas or similar but also came across a nice apartment rental on a secluded road about 1/2 mile from beach up from where Nature's Beachfront is located...anyone have an opinion as what may be the nicer experience?
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 01:49 PM

This is a very secluded area and sounds wonderful! On the plus side, road noise will be nil but then again, if you want to pick up a bus or taxi ... this is not on the bus route and taxis don't travel this road frequently (as they do on the main road between Quepos and M. Antonio.) Taxis are easily called so service is no problem but expect to pay more for taxi service to/fro on this road. Anything "off" the main road, the taxis charge more. Only 1/2 mile to the beach is another plus. I've heard there is construction of condos on the stretch of road you are questioning, please ask if it is near this apartment rental. Good luck!

Lisa
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Lisa -

Funny you should mention it - but the owner did mention that there was some construction next door - she said not a big issue -- but what do you know about it? Would it ruin our time there?
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

And I forgot to mention that we will have a rental car so that would negate the taxi issues.
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Lisa - you around?
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 03:26 AM

yalie: I need to drive or walk down this road to "check it out" so I'll get back w/ you asap. If you are planning on daily activities (not hanging around the apt. much), it should be okay. Generally, construction is 7 am - 5 pm (1/2 day on Sat.). If it's a little "remodel job", you won't be bothered. I just want to get an idea of the scale of the project before I reply. Construction right now in my neighborhood so I'm especially tuned into your concern!

Lisa
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 04:18 AM

yalie: Oops, posted this before I finished! A car is a big plus in this area, so I'm leaning towards giving you the green light. Another plus is you won't be subject to the noisy "comings/goings" of other vacationers as you would be in a multi-person vacation villa. Would you mind sending the website of the apartment rental to my email [email protected]. Better to be safe than sorry!

L.
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Lisa, Thanks, I emailed you the info.