Quality Hotel/Resort in Puerto Vallarta

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a "nice" hotel on the beach in Puerto Vallarta? We are splitting our honeymoon between The Hacienda San Angel ( http://haciendasanangel.com/) in town and a resort but want to make sure it's a nice one for a honeymoon.

I stayed at the Camino Real years ago and enjoyed it but am weary since it recently took over new ownership. If anyone has recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 04:02 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Quinta Maria Cortez is a unique hotel on the beach. Casa Andrea is a lovely B&B style place.

I've been to PV many many times are read and post about it often, but am not familiar with Quality Hotel/Resort, doesn't ring a bell.

Are you looking for a resort outside of town then? Like out toward or in Nuevo Vallarta?
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 04:38 PM

I've stayed at the Camino Real, too, and am wary of it now that it's changed to Dreams...

The Four Seasons in Punta Mita would be your best bet, although it's very pricey.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

I want to avoid Punta Mita because I think I could find something equally as lovely - you can't go wrong in Puerto Vallarta right?
Just curious if there were any favorites out there. I will read up further on Dreams in Puerto Vallarta and see how the experience was for late guests. Thanks for your responses. Planning a honeymoon is stressful!!
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:00 AM

The Marriott Casamagna is one of my favorites. The hotel is great. Nice pool, good restaurants, and excellent staff.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 05:52 AM

The only top hotels right in Puerto Vallarta are Marriott Casa Magna, Fiesta Americana, Sheraton,La Jolla which is in Mismaloya and the Presidente also Quinta Real I would still be afraid of Dreams (former Camino Real) not quite up to where it should be yet. I wouldn't choose anything of lesser quality as these sometimes might have a problem. I have stayed at most of them and I would recommend the Marriott Sheraton as my favorite. There is a place which has been getting great reviews and that is Casa Obelisco which is about 25 miles from P.Vallarta. I am looking forward to trying it. Go to trip advisor.com and type in Puerto Vallarta and you will be able to read all the reviews. Good Luck
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 06:29 AM

Lbride77, i very much disagree! as much as I dearly adore puerto vallarta you most certainly COULD go very very wrong there! Loads of mediocre, mid-level, not so nice resort hotels abound.

And no, you will not find anything equally as lovely as the 4 seasons punta mita in PV! i'm not recommending you stay all the way out in Punta de Mita, but there's just not lots of high-end properties of that caliber around.

I think Casa Magna Marriott is a good suggestion. Very pretty hotel and I don't think you'd have any unpleasant surprises there. Along those lines people also seem to enjoy the Westin, the Krystal, and Fiesta Americana.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 06:33 AM

Duh... sorry for being dumb on my first post, was thinking you meant "Quality Hotel and Resort" was the name of a place!!!

www.casa-andrea.com
www.quinta-maria.com

are the websites for the two smaller, more unique places i mentioned above.

Also Molino de Agua which is a very nice large authentic Mexican property right in town. I hestiate to recommend it because I haven't been in a couple years and I know there was some construction and change of management going on.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone. I will be doing some heavy research on all these places. Thanks again for all your help!
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:57 AM

would love to hear what you've decided upon, and to hear how you liked the Hacienda San Angel. It looks very beautiful. Good luck!