PV Easter Week & prior

Jan 7th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

PV Easter Week & prior

Have beautiful condo I can rent for these 2 weeks, but is this time going to be wild and crazy with people partying? We are almost seniors and don't want to be around this, quiet relaxing time,good food is what we are after. Thanks, Liz
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:31 AM

Easter is the busiest time of all in PV (according to the staff at my favorite small hotel) because Mexican families as well as tourists are in town at that time.

But depending on where your condo is located (if in a residential neighborhood, for example) I'm guessing it might be OK for you.
Jan 7th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Suzie,

On the top floor located in Romatic Zone,facing the ocean. Liz
Jan 7th, 2005, 12:28 PM

Although I've spent a TON of time in PV, I haven't been at exactly Easter so hestitate to make any guarantees.

But that part of town (Zona Romantica, Old Town, Olas Altas, Playa Los Muertos) is lovely and where I always stay. I have never seen it to be wild and crazy with people partying, I always assumed that kind of thing went on out in the resorts in the Hotel Zone, etc. which is way to the north or maybe in a specific bar like Senor Frog.

Again I hate to make any promises, and don't get me wrong PV is a very *fun* place but in a low-key kind of way, in my experiences.
Jan 7th, 2005, 02:18 PM

Puerto Vallarta is flooded with people Easter week as people travel from all over Mexico to spend the week there. If you're looking for peace and quiet that is not the week to go.
Jan 7th, 2005, 02:33 PM

I'll defer to those who have actually spent time in PV those two weeks.

I guess I was focusing in on the statement <wild and crazy with people partying> and didn't picture that's what Mexican families on vacation would be doing. BUT obviously if the town is full-to-the-brim that creates its own kind of problems.

Lisa, Easter is pretty much the end of the tourist season, can you get the condo even a few weeks later on?
Jan 7th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Yes, the condos I have liked all have free time in April. Our weather(usually) starts to become nice at home, and we wanted to get away more in the colder months. We decided to keep looking, and at other locations now.
Thanks for all everyones help.
Lisa