Private Car

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2011, 07:39 AM
ptm
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Private Car

Hi Everyone!

My DH and I have finally decided to book at trip to an all-inlcusive to Mexico.
We fly into Cancun...staying about 15 minutes from the Playa Del Carmen area.
I was wondering if anyone had the name of a good private car compnay to transfer us from the airport to the hotel. I know these resorts supply a shuttle bus but we prefer the private car. We find that after a long flight having a private car waiting for us is the way to go. Once again thank you for all your help. We really do appreciate all the travel advice given to us over the years. Ptm
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 12:31 PM

I have used USA Transfers twice with good success, they will send a car or van for you and they are ontime, drive safely and speak good English. If you ask they will stop at a 7-11 or OXXO so you can get a couple of beers or waters on the way (it is considered polite to buy your driver a drink). They get good reviews over on TA and Locogringo as do several other companies. They will be waiting for you OUTSIDE the airport (inside are only timeshare sharks no matter how official they might look or sound do not stop for these folks). Enjoy.
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 08:50 AM
ptm
Original Poster

Thank you very much for excellent info regarding USA Transfers! Also, thanks for the tip re:"timeshare sharks" I don't think we would of anticipated that...we have not been to Mexico so would never of known about them. Thanks Ptm
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 09:48 AM

Good luck and have a good trip, all the people picking up arriving visitors are outside the double glass doors of the arrival terminal, this includes Apple, and other charters as well as the private transfers companies like USA, AGI, Cancun Transfers, etc. There is a desk inside to buy ADO (first class bus ) tickets. These guys are really good and sound real official and some of them even wear "uniform" type outfits and they will demand to know who is your tour company or see your papers. The very best strategy I have found (although this goes against American politeness) is to look straight ahead, do not make ANY eye contact and do not speak, some folks say a polite No Gracias works for them. I know these folks are just trying to make a living but do not let it be at your expense.
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 11:35 AM
ptm
Original Poster

Thanks again! I cannot tell you how many times my very friendly husband stops when he is approached by people he has never met! Gypsies in Paris is a story for some other time! This is great but there are times he needs to keep looking straight ahead and get on our way! Good advice which I have printed off for him to read and keep in mind for our trip to Mexico. Much appreciated Ptm