Reload this Page >

Prescriptions needed in Buenos Aires?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Havana

As risk of sounding like a drug-addict Gringo, which I am not, I'm wondering if you can go to a pharmacia & purchase Valium w/out prescription?
Many years ago, in Lisbon, I tried to do this, having read that it was done all the time. I asked the nice woman at the counter for some V. & she looked confused & called Pharmacist from back room. I made same request to him (most politely & nervously); he asked for doctoro's prescription & when I said I had none he went ballistic. He really let me have it. I think he was insulted that I thought Lisbon was some backwater where they don't know what the hell "controlled" substances are.
Anyway, I've read conflicting "facts" about B.A. & whether or not prescriptions are required. Thanks.

Old Feb 10th, 2004, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would think that Valium is a controlled substance in Argentina... In Mexico, it is practically impossible to get without a prescription.
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 07:34 AM

A prescription is needed to buy Valium in Argentina. In Spanish we call it "Venta bajo receta". 5mg x 60 cost 37.00 pesos/13.00 US$/10.00 Euros.

Jorge Daniel Barchi.
Buenos Aires.
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Havana

Mr. Barchi - You are indeed a wealth of information. Might I ask how it is that you have such detailed info? Med. School student? Physician? Pharmacist? Valium taker?

Old Feb 10th, 2004, 07:53 AM

There is a drug store just 2 blocks from my house. I just went there and asked.

Jorge Daniel Barchi.
Buenos Aires.
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Havana

Are you serious? You're too much! Are you a full-time info person for Buenos Aires inquiries?
I can't believe my luck of happening upon you.

Old Feb 10th, 2004, 01:28 PM

I am not working on this full time but I like doing it. I firmly believe that there should be a reliable information service to answer questions in English from Argentina. Any specific question you have, please, let me know.

Jorge Daniel Barchi.
Buenos Aires.
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 01:43 PM

Jorge--

Since you are so knowledgable, can you help with something else? (I don't need Valium. Well maybe my family thinks I do. Virgin Vacations offers a great deal with one of three hotels: The choices are the Kempinksk Chateau Park (Talcahuano 1253), The Central Park Kempinksi (Diagonal Roque Saenz
> Pena 1174), and the Kempinski Park Plaza (Parera 183). Which one is the best location for us tourists??? We've been to BA before and like to have an open cafe and shops and walking. I don't want to be so far into Recoleta that I feel like I am out of my league, but want somewhere convenient for tourists. My cousin in BA says the location near the obelisk is probably the most interesting, what do you think?
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 02:49 PM

Your cousin here is right refering to location. From the Obelisk you are within walking distance of most places. Recoleta is touristy, expensive and not central. I am ready to answer all your specific questions.

Jorge Daniel Barchi.
Buenos Aires.