Search

PLease help cancun

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLease help cancun

I need more help but first just want to say thanks to you all.
OK We are going to Cancun In July for honneymoon from the 18 to the 22 so 3 full days to do things,I had alot of things I wanted to do but I have got them dow to what i must do. So here are my ?
Is the 2 for 1 card reall that good should I get one.
Is their a price of toll roads/how much
Jungle Tour do it with Aqua World they offer packages that includes skyrider/Paradise subsee and Jungle Tour is that a good Ideal or do Jungle Tour with someone else.
Isla Mujeres what is there to do?
and we want to fit Isla and going Downtown should we do that or make Isla all day.
Chichen Itza How much would it be to rent a car best way to get there and is there anything to do around there when we are done with Chichen.
Fine Dinning/Romantic
Xcaret Park should we go just to do the Underground river or forget about.
and we muct leave time for beaches and nightlife do you think we have enough time?
and How much does each of these things cost and to reant a car?Please help
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 05:42 AM

Yes, indeed -- SOMEONE PLEASE HELP CANCUN!!!

My apologies but I couldn't resist, given the title you put on the thread.

Can't help you with many of these points, myself, except to say that if you're driving yourself, I would recommend the toll roads to Chichen, and yes there is a charge (thus the "toll" in the name!). If you go there and back to Cancun you'll spend maybe US $35 on the tolls but it's well worth it to get MUCH better driving conditions. You do however give up the local color of unmarked speed bumps, trailer trucks you cannot pass for miles and miles, kids darting dangerously across the road in little towns, the prospect of getting lost here and there -- that sort of thing.

Steve
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 07:39 AM

In 3 days, I just still wouldn't do Chichen Itza. It takes a full day, it's very long and hot, and with such a short trip to that beautiful area of beautiful beach, I don't think it's worth it unless you are very interested in history. It's much easier to get to Tulum, it's very beautiful, hot there as well, but when you get overheated you can step into the water at one of the worlds most beautiful beaches...
In such a short time, I'd consider Isla -- rent a golf cart, drive around the island, perhaps go snorkeling. This is a relaxing half, 3/4 day trip.
I would not miss dinner at Las Habichueles, in downtown Cancun.
In the end, relax and enjoy yourselves.
Can't comment on the jungle tour or Xcaret.
Remember, RELAX ! Those two day trips or the day trips you choose will be more than enough.
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 04:12 PM

Chichen Itza in my opinion is the best ruin to see. We have visited Coba and Tulum and Chichen Itza has the most to see and the guides that I've had for two different visits was exceptional. Renting a car is not something I would do. Reading travel books this is a common warning. Mexican Police can road block and bribe. Reading this didn't make me feel comfortable! Apple Vacations provides wonderful tours! Also, I've read horrible accounts of rental companies and issues if you have an accident. Nevertheless, Good Luck to you and enjoy, just some precautions if this is your choice! There is Much to do!! If Iguana Wanas, Cancun is still around, it is a wonderful place to dine! We preferred Xel-Ha over Xcaret, but we love snorkeling! Xcaret was too Disney...Mexico for me! Where we went snorkeling was terrible, however, it is a huge place so maybe we weren't at the right spot. Shopping in a market is fun (Cancun). We enjoyed making deals. Isla Mujeres is great for shopping! There are a lot of little shops where you can find great deals and handicrafts. I got a carved turtle from a tree native to the area. It is just beautiful! I've never seen anything like it anywhere else in Mexico. It was just a man walking about the town who sold it to me from his backpack full of carved articles. Silver, vanilla, Kaluha!, Hammocks, Woven Wool Blankets, are a few of the great buys we have made! Once I made a trip on a boat to snorkel to the Club Med property Punta Nizuc. It was one of the best snorkeling trips I've ever experienced. We are taking anti-biotics for our trip. This will be my fifth trip to Cancun/Riveria Maya and of the four I've had, three I have been very ill. Watch that water!!! Enjoy. You will love Mexico! We will return again and again!!
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 04:39 PM

If you do have three full days, I would recommend staying pool side on one of them. Probably the first full one. You don't want to exhaust yourselves. I had a great time at Xcaret. This is a full day event. The underground river was soooo refreshing since it is so humid down there. There are two rivers to float and I did both of them. Back in Cancun, we also did the Jungle tour. You may have a choice between a speed boat (take that one) or a waverunner. This will only take about 3 total hours, but I thought it was worth it. Have fun!
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 07:13 AM

I agree with the above comments - you are WAY too overscheduled for a honeymoon. I love Chichen Itza and would recommend it but it will be 1 full day, because it is at least 2 hours inland. Also do not rent a car - the tours may be a little more expensive but you do not want to deal with Mexican police scams [altho Cancun has fewer scams now than 15 years ago]. I wouldn't bother with Isla Mujeres on such a short trip. Frankly if you are just doing 3 days I personally would do only 1 full day tour or 2 half day tours, and just relax the other 2 days, learning what you'd like to do on your next [and hopefully longer] trip.
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 11:44 AM

You may want to consider seeing the ruins at Tulum. Chichen Itza is much bigger and has more to see but walking around these sights in the middle of July is unbearable! An hour is usually enough for me. The beach at Tulum is beautiful and offers a break from walking up all of those steps. Isla Mujeres is a trip to spend about 1/2 day on. There is nothing much different from the mainland. I enjoyed the small shops and golfcarts/Mopeds is the way to go. The end of the island is beautiful and not many people around. Even seen a house on the way shaped like a conch shell that was on the Travel Channel. I wouldn't consider driving here myself. The buses were cheap and the best I've seen in Mexico. Most hotels have charter buses running to the ruin sites. Check around before booking buses or boats (Isla Mujeres) the prices vary ALOT. I rode the bus down to the dock for.60 and got a water taxi over to the island for $15 per person. The nightlife here is crazy and the clubs are a must see. Dady'O has great dance shows etc. Been 4 times now and have come home sick everytime (water is no joke) but will go back again soon. You need to spend a day on the beach they are beautiful. You guys will need a vacation to get over the exaustion of the honeymoon. Good luck, I hope this helps some.