Looking for Day Trips From Cancun

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2003, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are staying at the Cancun Palace the first week of June and will want to take a day trip or two. We have been to Playa and Cozumel both. Where can we do a tour like the Dune Buggy with snorkel (must we go to Cozumel for that), or can you rent a boat and captain, and if so, where would you go? We aren't into dolphins and wet'n'wild, but like a more adventurious side trip. Any thoughts? We love to swim and snorkel.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 06:14 PM

Been on many day trips during our several visits to Cancun. Went to Isla Mujeres for the day when in Cancun in Sept. Trip was arranged via Camino Real where we stayed. Went snorkeling at Garrafon, had lunch and a few free hours on the island, then parasailing on the return. Trip was via a cattamarand that holds approx. 20 people. It was great!<BR><BR>Also, Loma Bonita for horseback riding on the beach. That was a 1/2 trip.<BR><BR>Xcaret was also fun. Snorkeling in underground caves, beach for swimming, lots to see.<BR><BR>
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 10:23 AM

We'll be at Cancun Palace the last week of May and I'm also wondering which day trips to take. I hear so many negative things about the ecological parks, so I'm nervous to travel and spend a day there (Xcaret, etc.). <BR>What does everyone think of Isla Mujeres? How the beaches, snorkeling, etc?. Worth spending a day there?<BR>Also, I'm interested in some upscale restaurants in Cancun (saved $ on hotel, splurge on dinner, right?) What are your favorites?
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 11:53 AM

You may want to try the ruins at Tulum (very nice setting, right next to the Caribbean, with a nice little beach), or at Chichen Itza. Tulum is charming, Chichen Itza is very impressive.<BR><BR>As for restaurants, one of my favorite places in Cancun is Maria Bonita. Really good, upscale Mexican restaurant. They have excellent tamarind margaritas and most of the food is really good and authentic Mexican food.<BR><BR>Have a nice trip!
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 09:51 AM

www.alltournative.com