Search

Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel

Does anyone have any info. on the Pestana Hotel on Copacabana in Rio???? Cheers, John G.
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 06:09 AM

John, I have had friends who stayed there, The Rio Atlantica hotel at least it used to be called. I have been in the hotel, it is in a good location, a newer hotel, great lobby and bar, nice restaurant and nice pool on the roof. Why, what happen to your choice of the Copacabana Palace for your Rio trip?
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

I am still staying at the Copacabana Palace, but I noticed that the Pestana offered a suite with ocean view much cheaper than a standard room at the Copa.
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 11:46 AM

Well, standard room in Copa, probably nice room in the back, no view I guess? As opposed to Ocean front suite in the Rio Atlantica, still nice hotel, newer, similar location plus nothing wrong with the room or hotel just nice all around. I know you have been to Rio before but I can tell you there is nothing like the view of Copacabana from your room. Plus if you need to get your fix of antiques in the lobby go 2 blocks over to The Copacabana Palace and walk in the lobby or even take a seat and take it all in, have a drink in the lobby bar or have dinner at Ciprianis, they will let you. Then go back home to your view, its even better at night.
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Actually, we are slightly leaning towards Le Meridien now. They will garantee us an ocean-view room at $50 a night cheaper than a standard room at the Copa. I would love the charm of the Copa, but all my friends are telling me that the view is more important than charm. And it isn't like Le Meridien is a dump.

Does anyone know of a favela tour that is less than $30 a person and is in English????? Much appreciated.