Peace Lodge

Sep 25th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Peace Lodge

Can anyone give me their opinion on the Peace Lodge near La Paz? I can't find much information, but it looks nice from the few pictures I have seen.
Sep 27th, 2003, 10:29 AM

I haven't stayed there, but did ask to see a couple of the rooms during my visit to the Waterfall Gardens. The rooms are absolutely beautiful. One of them has a waterfall in the bathroom, CD player, jacuzzi on the deck, etc. - it was pretty incredible. It's a little remote, so you would want to have a rental car. It's definitely on my list of places to stay for future trips.
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks TA,
Do you think the roads are good between La Paz and San Jose?
Mike
Sep 29th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Iza

I haven't stayed there either, but during our trip in August we met a couple who did and they loved it. They said the rooms and location were great and they also liked the personalized and warm service.
Sep 29th, 2003, 03:56 PM

It is great to hear the nice reports about Peace Lodge. My husband and I will be staying there for two days in Feb. We requested the deluxe with the waterfall in the bathroom and got it. Will let you all know how it was. Glad to hear about it being so remote. Have only driven by part of it as we traveled through Braulio Carillo.
Oct 16th, 2003, 10:18 PM
Original Poster

thanks Suzie, let me know!
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:02 PM

Also planning 10 days in CR in late Jan. First time. Based on my own research, thinking of 2 days at Peace Lodge, 4 days at Tabacon (we like to hike, try canopy tour, raft and horseback) and 3-4 nights at Villa Caletas at the beach. Any input re these places or better recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jill from Atlanta
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:12 PM

Hi Jill,
You will be comfortable with all of your choices. Villas Caletas is a lovely place and the sunsets are beautiful. You mentioned spending time at the beach. That hotel, as are many in that stretch including Manuel Antonio, is not on the beach. It is up quite high from it. Honestly, if you are active and it sounds like it, you might enjoy yourself in the Manuel Antonio area. Check out Tulemar Bungalows if you want something right on the beach otherwise you will have a hike to and from it from many of the other hotels. There is a wide range of hotels there that come well recommended.
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:47 PM

Suzie2,
Thanks for the prompt response. I'll check out the bungalows. Villa Caletas came very highly recommended, so I'm wondering if it's worth the extra trek to the beach...thanks again. Jill
Nov 14th, 2003, 07:46 AM

jdp867,
I stayed at the Villa Caletas for one night on our way to Manuel Antonio (stayed there @ La Mariposa). The hotel is WONDERFUL; they have a spectacular view overlooking the ocean, which is made all the more special by the infinity pool. Also, luxuriating in the outdoor jacuzzi, gazing out on this lovely view was very nice. As I said, our stay was only for one night and so, didn't bother trekking down to the beach. Frankly when it comes to these major schleps ... and from what I could see, it'd be quite a hike down to the beach, much less dragging your ass back up ... well that's not my cup o'tea. HOWEVER, I think that Villa Caletas may offer a shuttle van to drive down & drop folks off on beach and arrange for a pick-up later. Check on their website; or you can email and find out if that's the case.