Search

Panama in August

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:51 AM
rzt
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panama in August

We are thinking of planning a very last minute trip to Panama this August for 2 weeks with our 3 kids ages 8, 6, and 3. Interested in San Blas, Bocas del Toro, Boquete, Panama City, Canal. Before I even attempt to book anything, does anyone know how bad the rainy season is there? We have visited Costa Rica twice in AUgust and the rains were always in the late afternoons, never put a damper on our vacation. Would it be much worse in Panama? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 06:34 AM

Topping...
We too will be in Panama late July and are wondering what the weather patterns will be. Anyone?
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 10:37 AM

I lived in Panama. The rainy season is the lushest and loveliest...and wettest! Rains come for short bursts, typically afternoon. Simply prepare for it and it will cause you no real problems. Enjoy your visit to Panama, it is a beautiful country.
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 06:08 PM

We were there last month so I can't comment on the weather but if you'd like to see some photos of our adventure to San Blas go to:
http://picasaweb.google.com/petite111706
We stayed at the Dad Ibbe Lodge. I wouldn't suggest more than one night on San Blas with children of that age. If my 13 yr old wasn't sick I'm sure we all would've enjoyed it more but it was definitely worth the trouble it took to get to. Our host Sam was great & taught us a lot about the Kuna's & Panama.
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 07:58 AM

Hello
good choice, panama is a wonderfull country and great to discover with kids. I went there myself with my two kids, 2 and 4 and we had a good time. We stayed 3 days in san blas, went to Darien to spend a few days in indians communities (Embera ans Wahounan)...it's great when you go with kids because it opens doors. The contact with women and children is completely different. They are very curious and so sweet.
As it was also a last minute trip we did it through panavexo.com. They are a great team and can really organize your trip the way you want. They were really helpfull with us.
good luck and enjoy!
let me know if you want more informations.