Search

Osa Weather in February?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Osa Weather in February?

Does it rain often in the Osa in February? We will be staying at Pearl of the Osa for four night in the 3rd week of Feb and are wondering what to pack...
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 04:14 AM

http://costa-rica-guide.com/Weather/...rMap.html#rain

Check out this weather map. February should be a great time on the Osa!
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 04:47 AM

We choose Feb. last year to go to the Osa, as that was the month with the LEAST amount of rain there.
http://www.costarica.com/weather/tem...html#Corcovado
5.75 inches in Feb. compared to 27+ inches in October!
We did get a down pour, but it was perfect timing, on the boat to see dolphins. We were in our bathing suits anyway & already getting wet from the boat ride. So getting further wet was no biggie. It only lasted a short while & then all was nice again.
Pack a few of those dollar store rain ponchos. They fit in your pocket & do the trick nicely. Big enough to go over back packs etc. Enjoy!
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 08:54 AM

Bring your raingear- this is one of the rainest places on earth.

With that said we loved it and enjoyed the rain which is mainly in the afternoon.

The Pearl is a great choice- enjoy
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 08:57 AM

We were in the Osa in February a couple years ago and it rained only once during our 4 days. Poured in the middle of the night - but it was very cool to hear the rain pounding on our tin? roof and think that we were in the rainforest! Next day and all others were just great.
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 08:11 PM

I have been traveling to the Osa for years and usually in Jan and Feb. I spend about 10 days down there every year, sometimes more. I think at best I have had a quick shower once or twice. I usually end up at the Pearl or next door at Iguana after my husband leaves the country. He isn't a beach person and I grew up on the coast so he understands I gotta have my beach time! This will be my first year in a long time that I won't. I'll still be on the Osa at a couple of places so I may stop in for a drink and a hello. Do be careful during the high tide. There can be a strong undertow then. Otherwise it is fun for boogey boarding and body surfing.

Fluffytails- good to see you back! I really enjoyed your trip report and pictures. Are you heading back down?