Search

Tahiti in February

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tahiti in February

Just was wondering if anyone has every been to the islands in Feb. Planning a 25th Anniversary trip and want to cruise the islands. Heard this is part of the rainy season. HELP
Old May 30th, 2007, 10:09 AM

Hi,
A friend of mine was in there in Feb. this year and it did rain quite a bit. I was there last May and it was nothing but wall to wall sunshine...

Andie
Old May 30th, 2007, 10:59 AM

I was just there earlier this month and after encountering three days of rain, I asked if this was normal. They said no. I asked about February weather, as I had traveled with a friend and was thinking I'd like to bring my husband back in Feb. They said they get a lot of days of endless cloud cover and rain then. Would you consider postponing it?
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

That is why I was asking, didn't want to start the planning and then find out rain is in the forcast for the whole time. Especially since we are coming from Vermont and really want the sun. My husband wants to be away for our actual anniversary but I would rather wait and have good weather. thank you all for your help
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 08:04 AM

Since I had planned to go back in 2008 after being there in May 2006, I have been watching the weather patterns, daily, through the Weather Network and monitoring the accuracy with the live webcams. It was basically nice until about November. All the winter months have been quite overcast ad rainy. Even April and May were not that great this year. The later the better. I planned my next trip for June 2008. The pictures of my friend's trip in Feb. were quite different than mine (lots of rain!). It is definitely wise to postpone.
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 12:12 AM

I was there in February a few years ago and had to be evacuated out due to incoming cyclone. We were at Moorea and got tranferred back to Papeette. I was there for a fortnight - weather was excellent most of the time during the first week - cloudy but still warm the second week and then the cyclone - last few days. Its a great place - weather can be so fickle - you could go when it is suppose to be fine and still experience rain.