oaxaca coast

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 07:51 AM
genedar

oaxaca coast

The wife and I have been living in Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, Mexico for 2 years now and love the peaceful and serene atmosphere. Some of the finest fishing, surfing and snorkeling anywhere. Anyone wishing information on this area or would like to plan a visit feel free to contact us. Gene and Darlene

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 08:50 AM
meredith

What is Oaxaca like in early October? My fiance and I would like to go to Mexico for our Honeymoon, but are concerned about hurricane/rainy season. Is there anywhere to golf in Oaxaca?

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 10:13 AM
kittywishes

I am a young woman traveling alone and really want to visit either Oaxa or Chiapas Mexico. Is Puerto Escondido safe? Any tips on where I should stay??

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:00 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Tom

Gene and Darlene,<BR>My wife, my parents, and I are going in February 2003. Could you send us some information? Thank you

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Dub

Kitty- Oaxaca City might be a good place to start. Regarding saftey, the City is generally very safe. I have been there many times with no problems. Likewise the Americans and Mexicans I know who live there say there is little crime. I let my teenagers go around by themselves and I have spoken to many students who go alone to Oaxaca for studies and have had no problem. On top of that it is a very interesting place. The colonial buildings are beautiful, the culture is varied, the people are nice, the food is good, etc. Also there are many day trips you can take going to interesting villages and ruins like Mitla, Tlatcolula, Ocotlan, etc.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Claudio

Puerto Escondido is great, laid back, not commercialized like other resorts and affordable ! Check out these sites for more information.<BR>http://tomzap.com/escondio.html<BR>http://www.puertoconnection.com/<BR>And the Tomzap site has a very active message board.<BR>http://tomzap.com/frm/list.php?f=5<BR>

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 07:55 AM
Claudio

Lets try these links again.<BR><BR>www.tomzap.com/escondio.html<BR>www.puertoconnection.com