Search

Mexico Trip Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mexico Trip Help Needed

My husband & I are going to PDC & Cancun, 5 nights in PDC in the Secrets Capri & 3 nights at ME by Melia in Cancun. This is our first trip to Mexico.We are going during the X'MAS week. We need help to plan our trip & many questions.

1) How are these hotels? Anything we should be aware of?
2) Which places should we visit? I have heard of Cozumel & Tulum but dont know what else
3) Secrets is AI but ME by Melia isnt, which are good places to eat especially Mexican in Cancun?
4)Also while in Cancun I am not sure what to plan to do or where to hang out?
5) Any suggestions for New Years Eve as we will be in Cancun?
6) Also any suggestions for X'mas?
Sorry, I have so many questions but thanks in advance, this forum has always helped me.
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 08:24 AM

Go to locogringo.com and ask these same questions. Lots of good info from folks who travel there. Buen viaje!
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 09:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Not familiar with Cancun, but if you at all interested in the Mayan ruins of the area, it is probably the best place from which to visit Chichen Itza.

Playa is closer to Tulum and Coba.

Try and fit in a snorkeling trip. We liked the one we took near Playa but I hear Cozumel is even better.

Had a good Yucatecan meal at Yaxche in Playa. Good food and great atmosphere. http://www.mayacuisine.com/restaurant/index_yax.html

Old Nov 28th, 2007, 11:39 AM

I returned 3 days ago from Cancun and love it. IMO dont miss Xcaret park the show at night is excellent, also recommends Congo bar, Sr. Frogg and Coco Bongo! My hotel was The Royal in Cancun and was awesome.
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 02:45 PM

There will be very limited if non=existant info on Cancun at locogringo. That board is for Akumal and south. For Cancun info I go to www.cancuncare.com and look at their forum.
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Original Poster

Any suggestions for Xmas - we will be in PDC? & New Years , we will be in Cancun?

Also anything to be aware of with these hotels?

If we can do only 2-3 ruins which ones would you suggest?

Thanks again
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 04:07 PM

The Secrets Capri is an amazing hotel. I stayed there only 1 1/2 days but I loved it. Iīm pretty sure the hotel will do something amazing for Christmas so you should not mind. They have great restaurants.
In Cancun can go to Coco Bongo. Thatīs a great show discotheque and they will do also a great new years eve program.
Once you are in Yucatan you have to see Chichen Itza. Millions of people elected this place to one of the new seven world wonders. I also love the area of Sian Kaan. Here you can experience nature first class.
A great fun excursion is Tortuga's in Akumal (http://www.divemex.net/html/snorken.html). Swimming with the turtles for half day...amazing. Xcaret is a wonderful natural park with lots of animals and many other things to do or to see. In the evening there is a fantastic show. So you see...lots to do but not enough time. Enjoy Mexico...itīs really great.
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 08:02 AM

We stayed at Secrets Capri 2 years ago. LOVED it. It was our first AI and we were thrilled.

The only regret is that we only left the resort once to snorkel. LOL. It was just so relaxing!

Here's a link to my review on tripadvisor.

You're leaving soon, but if you can squeeze in an excursion, this was recommended on a playa del carmen board:
http://www.alltournative.com/tours-p...zip-line-tulum

The snorkeling was 'ok' compared to other caribbean islands.

We ate at Secrets. Our favorite was Capri and the upstairs Oceanview restaurant...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...Peninsula.html

Enjoy!
Old Dec 7th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much, you guys have been great