Search

Mexico City airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mexico City airport

Quick question – assuming my flight isn’t late…I’m on a flight from Newark that lands in Mexico City at 12:40pm, can I make a 1:50pm flight to Puerto Vallarta? Thanks!!!
Old Oct 9th, 2008, 11:51 AM

Maybe not, especially if you have checked luggage.

On your arrival in Mexico City, you will have to go through Passport Control. This line can be long. If you have checked luggage, you will also have to pick up the luggage, go through Customs, and then recheck the luggage again. I do not think you have left yourself enough time for all these activities.

Old Oct 9th, 2008, 11:58 AM

As long as your flights are on time you should make it. In maybe the last 15 flgiths through MEX I have had multiple 1 hour connections. The two times I missed was because my flight was late. On one occasion Aeromexico held a flight 20 minutes waiting for us. I don't go to PV, so maybe someone else can answer this, but going to Oaxaca, for the last few years we have done customs and immigration in Oaxaca and simply changed planes in MEX. If this is the case in PV you should make it no problem and probably will anyway. Maybe someone can answer this- where do you clear custom PV or MEX?
Old Oct 9th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help! We'll only have hand bags so maybe we can do it? We go through immigration in Mexico and I think customs should be quick if we dont have anything to declare. Do domestic and international flights leave out of the same terminal?
Old Oct 9th, 2008, 02:27 PM

There have been threads about this before, with people disagreeing as to timing and requirements. In my experience changing planes in Mexico City, you only go through immigration, customs is at your final destination, and if your first flight is on time, you should make it easily. I've changed for Oaxaca and PV--can't recall having to change terminals.