Search

Mexico advice

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mexico advice

My best friend and I are planning a trip next Spring. Can I get advice on the best locations (cities, etc) to go? We would like to watch our spending. We are true novices here, so any advice would be welcome!!
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 06:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Give us some information as to what you want to do--your interests--type of resort, etc.
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 06:26 PM

also pacific coast of caribbean coast?
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

We would like to relax on the beach, be social at night...not sure of which coast....maybe one day of sight-seeing...
Thanks again so much!!!
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 06:57 PM

We've been to Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco, Ixtapa, and Mazatlan. All of these places have what you want. Find the best deal and go there. Or, take a cruise.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 08:56 AM

Ditto above, however, Puerto Vallarta would be my recommendation for the novice. Ixtapa would be a last choice. Puerto Vallarta has a lot to do in a walking area. You have Old town with tremendous restaurant choices and super friendly people. Also the Malecon (across the river) is loaded with things to do and free entertainment. Staying in this area (on the beach) gives you everything you could possibly want in a week's vacation all in walking distance. You must be careful about hotels, be sure to steer away from Nueve Vallarta because it is not within walking distance to the Malecon.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 09:23 AM

Again without knowing your interests, budget and time length/frame, it is very hard to give you advice, but here goes.

If you're interests are mixed - you could do Mexico City, Puebla, Acapulco and Taxco - you can best museum ever (Anthropology Museum in DF, the Teothuican pyramids also in DF, the volcano and pyramids in Puebla, beaches of Acapulco, shopping for pottery and silver in Taxco with a visit to Grutas de Cacahuamilpa.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 11:10 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Puerto Vallarta is a perfect beach resort and city for a first trip to Mexico imo.

There are all kinds of nice budget accommodations still available in the downtown area. This is nothing against any other city, but I know PV is easy to deal with, people are friendly and welcoming, people in the tourist industries speak English, offers an "authentic" downtown, the international airport is right there (no long distance bus rides required), loads of great beaches, cafes, bars, restaurants, nightlife, etc.

Old Aug 16th, 2007, 02:36 PM

Just got back from a trip to Zihuatanejo. My favorite place in Mexico is still the Mayan Riviera, and then Puerto Vallarta.