mexico

Feb 19th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

mexico

I want to go to Mexico next week for 4-5 days - beach, relaxation, ruins but mostly just want lush pretty, relaxing, good food, low hassle beach getaway. I have never been and am leaving from Denver. I want the best value I can get- does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much. I love snorkeling and want to spend 1 day exploring cool ruins but the rest I want beach, margaritas and relaxation. Thanks!!
Feb 19th, 2009, 01:46 PM

If you want a beach w/ ruins nearby you need to head to the Yucatan peninsula (using Cancun airport).

Personally I love the west coast, Puerto Vallarta, or the Baja, Cabo San Lucas, but there are no ruins around those areas.
Feb 19th, 2009, 01:58 PM

I suggest you look at the site locogringo.com for accommodation. Do you want a resort for those margaritas or would you be prepared to make them yourself in a condo on the beach?

We like Akumal as it's very laid back, Half Moon bay has good snorkeling and it's close to Tulum for the ruins.
Feb 20th, 2009, 06:45 AM

I would start with pricing airfare & flight connections. Where can you get on a non-stop cheapest and quickest from Denver? 4-5 days is not that long a vacation, so the less time wasted getting yourself there and back is better.

I'd look at Isla Mujeres, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Akumal, or maybe even Cancun.

If you are willing to give up the exploring ruins part, then you could add Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta to your possibilities.
Feb 20th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the info!! I am looking to do this as economical as possible and am flexible with accomodations. I'm looking for safety and closesness to beach- any suggestions on websites or specifics for an economical experience? Thanks so much!!
Feb 20th, 2009, 01:18 PM

For example, www.hotelposadaderoger.com is the hotel I stay at most often in Puerto Vallarta. depending on time of year it's between $38 to $44 USD per night for a single room. It's safe, squeeky clean, has a pool and restaurant, and is two blocks from the beach.

sweetmnm~~ You might want to make a new with a title something like "solo budget vacation on Caribbean coast", since the title of this one being "Mexico" is kind of vague and people might skip over it would could in fact help you with specifics for the Cancun area.