Search

meals at Peace Lodge?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meals at Peace Lodge?

We will be spending 2 nights at the Peace Lodge. Do you recommend eating dinner there or are there restuarants nearby.
Thanks
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 09:54 AM

There's really not a whole lot near by. There are some restaurants about half an hour's drive, but probably not worth the hassle. The dinners at Peace Lodge are $20 per person for everything except alcohol. I think the wine was like $18 a bottle. Not too bad for the level of service you get. The food was generally good, but not spectacular. We normally picked up a quick lunch while we were out and about doing day trips and their breakfast is great!
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 12:06 PM

If anyone else happens to reply to Terri's query, I hope you'll respond also to a question I posted a few days ago (that no one has answered). We'll be staying at Peace Lodge for 2 nights also (without a car), and I'm wondering if there's enough of interest right there to keep us interested for a full day. We'll be getting in late the first night and leaving for Arenal after the 2nd. I had thought to arrange a tour at La Selva for the in-between day, but I think that after the plane ride,etc. it might be more pleasant just to stay put that first day. Are there enough handsome walking trails, etc. to keep one busy for a full day? thanks!
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 05:13 PM

What you will want to do is get up and tour around the property before the hoards of tourists arrive or tour around after 4pm, I believe 4pm is the last time frame that they let the non guests in which gives you time to see everything before dark. We spent a whole day just lounging around. We went for a hike in the morning to see the waterfalls and then in the afternoon went to the butterfly conservatory and watched the hummingbirds in their area. The rest of the time we just vegged out by taking turns in the two jacuzzis and sitting in front of the fireplace. There is a pool.

It does get crowded there. We had already done our touring around the country so we were ready for a nice rest.

If you were to go to La Selva I would go as early as possible to see the best birds and then tour La Paz later in the day. You could arrange a nice bird tour at La Paz ahead of time instead. We saw some great ones just sitting in the dining area.
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 01:43 AM

If you only have one full day to spend at Peace Lodge, I would spend it in and around the facility. There is enough to do for a few hours between the trails and the pool and I personally could spend a couple days just lounging in that awesome room!
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 05:29 AM

Terri5 - We stayed 2 nights at Peace Lodge - I thought I was in Heaven!
Yes, eat dinner.
We chose Peace Lodge for our last 2 nights. What a fabulous place to finish a trip.

poss - As I mentioned we were there the final 2 nights, great place to unwind. Between the trails, observing the butterflies, sitting on your balcony (I could sit there a while!), watching the hundreds of hummingbirds, relaxing in your hot tub, etc - you will waste away much time - too bad you are there just one day.
They do offer some day trips. You can visit Poas, Doka Coffee Plantation and few other things from La Paz. We had a car and drove down for a private tour of Doka.