Manuel Antonio - Weather

Old Nov 17th, 2004, 09:38 PM
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 58
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manuel Antonio - Weather

Is anyone there now -- I am leaving this week and a little worried about all the forecast saying showers...what should we expect?
yalie98 is offline  
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 02:56 AM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Write to [email protected]. She lives there and frequents this board.
shillmac is offline  
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 03:43 AM
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,323
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We arrived home sunday from an 11 day visit and it forecasted rain and cool the whole time . Great for us it was super weather , it rained each night intense tropical downpours which you have to love . During the day it was sun with some occasional cloud cover which we actually welcomed . One day was overcast and grey an did rain on and off ( more off ) so we ddid our Quepos errands . Just go and do not worry , it will be great , mother nature is fickle !!! Faith
faithie is offline  
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 04:43 AM
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 298
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen a VAST improvement over the end of last month and it appears that we are finally emerging (soggy and slightly moldy!) from rainy season. As Faith said, expect daily rains most afternoon so get up with the birds and monkeys (they won't let you sleep anyway!) and enjoy your activities early in the day. Feel free to email any last minute questions.

Lisa in M. Antonio
Latitude9Lisa is offline  
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 06:47 PM
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 58
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks...we are going on a day trip to Corcovado - are we likely to be dealing with hiking in the rain all afternoon/evening?
yalie98 is offline  
Old Nov 19th, 2004, 04:04 AM
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,323
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where we were in Manuel Antonio it hardly rained during the day at all , only nightly downpours . We were at the beach and hiking around every day except one , and even that day it did not rain all day , just more overcast than others and we did other things . We arrived home sunday . And as I said CNN s forecast was bleak for us but it was not the case once there . Faith
faithie is offline  
Old Nov 19th, 2004, 04:08 AM
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've noticed the weather predictions for Costa Rica always look as if you'll be "socked in" for days! It's very rarely true. I always remind myself that a 60% chance of rain means a 40% chance of no rain! Also, try to remember that, even if it does rain, it probably won't last long.
shillmac is offline  
Old Nov 19th, 2004, 05:34 PM
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,120
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...And the rain is not menacing. It's nice and warm.
Remember, your body is mostly water, and most of us step into the rain each morning prior to getting dressed. You'll appreciate the rain when you see how verdant and lively the country is. Makes for great coffee beans!!!
TripleSecDelay is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Original Poster
Forum
Replies
Last Post
TerriJ
Mexico & Central America
4
Jan 27th, 2006 02:31 PM
sally17
Mexico & Central America
18
Nov 11th, 2005 06:30 PM
chriss211
Mexico & Central America
5
Oct 8th, 2004 06:27 AM
smgapp
Mexico & Central America
7
Sep 3rd, 2004 05:04 AM
tino
Mexico & Central America
4
Jul 10th, 2003 02:57 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -