Search

Is it pouring in CR now??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it pouring in CR now??

I am leaving tomorrow for CR for my honeymoon and all the on line weather reports say rain rain rain for the next two weeks! I know it is the rainy season but I was hoping for sun in the morning and rain (if at all) in the afternoon. That is what I kept hearing about. Is it worse then normal now because of the bad hurricane season? I know some of you on this site live there - I am specifically interested in MA and the Guanacaste region (Papagayo Gulf). Thanks!
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 08:55 PM

I'm sure those who live there (Lisa in Manuel Antonio, Jeff, etc) will let you know what is going on weather wise.

In the meantime (and since you are leaving so soon!), my experience has been that those weather reports show rain every single day because, as you said, it IS the rainy season (tail end of it) and rain during at least part of the day is generally expected.

However, USUALLY, that isn't the case at all--particularly in the Papagayo area. Many times we have spent 3-5 weeks at a time during June, July, or August with very little rain.

Take heart, they've had heck there these past weeks with the hurricanes, but hopefully things are back to normal in the rain department. Unless weird stuff is still going on, it won't get in your way. Most people who post of this board will tell you they prefer the beauty of the rainy season--particulary in Guanacaste where everything should be gorgeously green right now--as opposed to brown and dusty in February and March!

Congratulations and buen viaje!
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 03:08 AM

Congratulations on your wedding, and I have only good news to report. I've been here for 8 days now, and it's been all bright and warm. It rained only 1 day late at night, and there was another day where I saw a few drops for a period of 10 minutes.

It's not all blue sky (mostly cloudy) but sunny breaks do occur very often. It is beautiful, enjoy your honeymoon.

Tuan
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 05:38 AM

Congrats on the marriage sally17! and as previously stated, don't look at those weather forecast pages. Not to be disrespectful to the weather folks but I've also found them to be less than accurate. Plan outside activities early in the day when sun is more likely, clouding in the afternoon allows for a nice siesta and r&r. We've experienced A LOT of unsettled weather over the past eight weeks (oh Mother Nature! she's something else this year) but today is clear, sunny and blue skies. Oddly enough, the Hurricane Beta that unfortunately struck Nicaragua created seven days of heavenly weather here on the Pacific Coast and no rain (anyone that can explain THAT, your next Imperial cervesa is on me!) At present, there are no tropical storms in the Pacific and Atlantic (fingers crossed, double crossed) so enjoy your honeymoon! Lisa in Manuel Antonio
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 06:17 AM

Lisa , you should catch the encore tonite for The Amazing Race ...
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 06:29 AM

San Jose has been pretty rainy in the afternoon, but the sun is shining brightly this morning. The forecast for Guanacaste over the next couple of days is just for isolated showers. I completely agree with Shillmac: I much prefer that part of the country when it is green than during the dusty dry season. Congratulations on your marriage.
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 01:58 PM

KKelly:

What a lovely story about your visit to Costa Rica.

I am sure the peace and quiet of your relaxation at the Fiesta Premier which is tucked away in an alcove did wonders to enhance your chance of pregnancy.

Maybe you will deliver a New Years Baby !!

Good Luck
Percy
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 07:32 PM

<I’m an American of 36 years>
<married since 10 years ago>
<in the 7th month of pregnancy>
<A fellow worker on mine>
<It has an impressing spa>
<it is great all what they offergt;

Why do I sense that this first-time poster is actually a shill for this resort?
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 08:40 AM

rbrazill

You could be right but I have to give her the benefit of the doubt.

If she took four years of treatments to get pregnant and finlly did so in Costa Rica....... hey that might be another reason for those with similar problems to perhaps visit Costa Rica .!!!!

What other wonder might Costa Rica hold.!!!

However,rbrazill,if you are correct,then you are way more astute than I am .

Percy
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 10:25 AM

Percy, unfortunately there are over a dozen of these "personal" reviews of Fiesta Resort scattered all over the board now. I thought it was cute at first but now it's just annoying.
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 11:31 AM

Well it started out a nice little story but - Yes Tully and RBrazil, it is unfortunate, we obviously have someone abusing Fodor's. It is becoming very frustrating today.

Maybe - Hopefully if we ignore him/her they will go away.

Surely Fodor's monitors this type of activity?
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 11:46 AM

Hello , I am Canadian . I love Costa Rica .....
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 12:24 PM

OOPS !!! Thats a Labatts comercial !!! lol
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 01:09 PM

I guess you guys are correct.

They just hijacked my recent posting on

"New Book on Costa Rica " with another Fiesta Premier "love-in "!!!

tully, rbrazill and dfarmer my hat is off to you !!

You know if at least they would do their little bit of advertising under a posting requesting information about a nice resort on the Northern Pacific Coast..but.....
they
just come right out of the blue and hijack a topic is which it totally unrelated....it then becomes so obvious!!!

C'mon you advertising fellows..knock it off !!

Percy

Old Nov 11th, 2005, 01:15 PM

Percy , we're being taken over !! By the way ... Aren't you going to that fabulous hotel ? Ummm... Fiesta something or other ?
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 01:50 PM

faithie you are right !!

We have been invaded and the forum has been hijacked by Fiesta Premier Marketers!!

In fact the top four posting at the moment are all about the Fiesta Premier.

Wow !!! I am going there right this minute.... see you there faithie!

Percy
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 03:05 PM

Percy: when someone says that they are "an American of 36 years" and have been "married since 10 years ago", you don't have to be particularly astute to recognize that English (or at least English as spoken in the U.S.) is not that person's native language. The sentence structure and turn of phrase strongly suggest romance languages such as Spanish or Italian.
When a question about the current weather conditions in Costa Rica is answered by a story about a miracle pregnancy somehow related to a stay at particular hotel (is it the water?), you don't have to be the world's worst cynic to conclude that the writer is a shill. I was unaware of the other posts touting this particular property, but I'm not surprised. People do this sort of thing on the Europe board all the time, although I can't recall anyone claiming a cure for infertility on that board. The competition for the tourist dollar (or Euro) can get ugly.
BTW, if this story about the miraculous pregnancy is true, then I, as a middle aged male, would avoid the place for that reason alone.
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 03:29 PM

Thankfully the person that started this thread, left on the 7th and does not know to be particularly careful about pregnancy! Oh my GOSH I just realized that they are staying in the area of the FPR.

I have to go to dinner! This is exhausting, you can't even find the post that actually have a question!
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 06:30 PM

Yes,rbrazill I guess I am too trusting, that is better than saying too gullible.

Who would get their jollies making a multitude of these ridiculous postings.!!??

Percy