Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Manuel Antonio--is there any sun this time of year?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We leave for CR in 3 weeks. Can we expect any sun in manual antonio in August? We are prepared for rain--but hoping the sun shines some of the day.
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 04:16 PM

I think you will see the sun most of the day and expect showers in the late PM or evening but they can occur almost any time. Acually, its going to be so hot & humid by the ocean that you will welcome the rains. The temps will be more moderate at higher altitudes like SJ. Good luck and have fun!
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 06:31 PM

it is great this time of year. the rainy season is overrated. I lived in CR for 3 months last year (june, july, aug) and the weather was great the whole time. You have sunny days, with brief afternoon storms about every other day. it is possible to have several days of rain, but not likley.... i think people talk up the rain so much because the area is so dry the rest of the year. However, it is much prettier in the summer, everythign is lush and green. the hotels that list it as the "Green" season are more accurate than you would think. I think the places in higher altitutes (like Monteverde) get more of a rainy season this time of year..... have a great trip
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 07:13 AM
Iza

We spent 3 days in Manuel Antonio in August 2001 and had just one very brief shower and otherwise plenty of sun. It was really not that hot and humid there. Actually when we arrived on the first day it was cloudy and rather cool. The second day we had brillian sunshine all day, the third day we had a brief shower in the morning and then sun for the rest of the day. On the day we were leaving it was also sunny and hot. So don't worry about the weather and enjoy.
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 02:57 PM

Hi Tino,
We just got back from CR last week. We stayed in MA for 6 days and had a few brief rain showers, no big deal at all! The mornings and early afternoons were sunny and clear. The showers usually occured around 4 pm and lasted less than an hour. My kids didn't even bother to leave the pool, and we just went to the bar and had a drink. Keep in mind that even if there is rain, it is still very warm, so you can continue your outside activity. Be sure to use lots of sunblock and have a blast, as did we!!!