Reload this Page >

Manuel Antonio -- La Mariposa

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Jen

Has anyone stayed at or been to La Mariposa in Manuel Antonio? Any advise on rooms would be great.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 03:28 AM
M

never stayed in the rooms but have been to the hotel's restaurant many times because it has, I think, the best sunset view of this entire area..but, the prices in the rest. are high and the service is bad

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 06:06 AM
Ally

I have never stayed at La Mariposa either, but totally agree with the sunset views. We went here everynight for happy hour, because of the view.<BR>As for rooms, we asked to see one and loved what we saw. Very large and clean, with great view. Do note, this was NOT one of the rooms in the main 'tower' building (which I've heard are not as nice and they are older) but one of the rooms in the 'side' buildings.<BR>We also had dinner there one night. Food was okay, service was okay, but as previous poster said, a bit expensive. I much preferred Karolas, which is right outside the property.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 12:21 PM
amg

M<BR><BR>Just stayed at La Mariposa in November and I was VERY disappointed. the building was under construction and the construction started at 6am and went a late as 9pm one night of our 4 night stay. The management did not appear to care that we were unhappy. The rooms are barren and the beds were hard and old. We used a travel agent and prepaid so we were stuck. We only ate one meal at the hotel - because it is very expensive. Stop by for a drink at sunset at most. You can get great views at many other hotels. If you do decide to stay verify that the construction is complete.<BR><BR>Aileen

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 04:13 PM
M

if I were you, I'd ask about construction on site and nearby no matter where you stay since there is lots of construction and it always starts at six a.m.