Search

La Mariposa Hotel MA- CR

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
La Mariposa Hotel MA- CR

Hi,

We are booked for 3 nights in a deluxe room at LaMariposa next month. Those of you that have stayed here- are the deluxe rooms satisfactory, or do you recommend we upgrade to Jr. suite, villa, etc.?

Thanks!
Old May 17th, 2004, 05:46 PM

I have no idea what the deluxe rooms are really like although most people seemed very happy. One couple that booked in the same time that we did were were very unhappy with their room but we saw them a day later and it had been changed and they were thrilled. We stayed in a room that was definitely a suite or a junior villa I am sure. It was down near the road but was really neat. It had a big kitchen/living room combo and the windows, huge windows, opened wide. One night we opened them when it was raining, straight down of course and not inside. The Mariposa was absolutely our favourite place in Costa Rica. Ask the bartender, outside bar of course, where to eat. He knows all the answers. He recommended us to really great happening places. We loved our time there. It was so peaceful and beautiful but friendly. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Neek
Old May 18th, 2004, 08:05 PM

Sprig, and anybody else,
did you stay at Mariposa recently? We have a reservation there, but just today I read in 2 guidebooks that the hotel is past its glory days, deteriorated, has not been maintained properly etc. Obviously I have my doubts now.
Old May 19th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Original Poster

I have read mixed reviews about La Mariposa (mostly positive)in several books. My travel agent assures me the deluxe room will be fine- but I'd love to hear some more experiences before we go next month...

Scott
Old May 19th, 2004, 02:28 PM

I stayed in La Mariposa for a couple of nights back in August last year. The room was very large (I don't remember the category, but it was the least expensive), comfortable, and the balcony even had a hamock overlooking the park.

Let me know if you have any questions about the hotel or Manuel Antonio...

Regards,

Enrique