Search

Honeymoon Zihuatanejo?

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon Zihuatanejo?

We are trying to plan our honeymoon for late October early November 2004. We were thinking of staying at the Villa del Sol in Zihuatanejo. Wanted to get information about the weather this time of year and feedback on this hotel or recommendations on others in the Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa area. Any recommendations on places to eat and how to get around would also be appreciated.
Thanks Much!
Old May 18th, 2004, 03:15 PM

Villa del Sol is a very nice place and I can see why you want to spent your honeymoon there.
Another nice place is the Sun and Moon

http://www.sunandmoon.com.mx/toureng.html
here is their website which is very nice to view.
There are so many places to eat thatI am sure you willfind some of your own but here is the name of a few:

1. La Perla in Zihuataejo
2. Tamales y Atole Any

You willbe on Playa La Ropa Beach and you can walk or taxi to these places.

For 50 cents $US you can take the bus between Ixtapa and Zihautanejo.
This is the best mode of transportation between these two places.

Ixtapa is the tourist/big hotles/ shopping area and Zihautanejo is the quaint Mexican town where the workers who work in Ixtapa live.

Since you are on your honeymoom , make reservations for dine at Villa de Selva .
Go there about 5- 5:30 PM and sit and have a drink and watch the beautiful Ixtapa sunset and then after it gets dark ( about 6:30) you can dine and watch the lights of all of Ixtapa.....very romantic !!!!
their phone number is 553-0362.

Need more help ,just ask.

Percy

Old May 18th, 2004, 03:20 PM

Oh yes I forgot to mention the weather,I was there in late November ,early December and it was 97F a couple of days...

Warm enough for you !!!!!! you will love it.
Percy

Percy
Old May 18th, 2004, 08:42 PM

We liked Casa que Cana as it is on the hill and a lot cooler. even in November, when we were there, the beach area was very hot and can be buggy. both are beautiful resorts and have great food. Villa is on the beach but Casa us a short walk to the beach and lots of pools (sexy ones!) and our "pet" iguana loved watermelon!
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:27 PM

Before you make any definite arrangements you must consider La Casa Que Canta in Zihuatanejo. My husband and I spent one week there during the summer of 2002. It was glorious. Friendly, considerate staff and great service. The infinity pool was amazing. Each day, the housekeepers create incredible designs on the beds, made of individual flower petals! We had a dunk pool in our suite overlooking the water. The views were breathtaking at night. But beware. The heat can be treacherous in the summer. We were quite comfortable in the hotel since it's built on the side of a mountain and the breeze was quite pleasant. But the beach was unbearable. We didn't really mind. We were happy to stay in our own little paradise.