Casa Que Canta-Zihuatanejo

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Carlos

Casa Que Canta-Zihuatanejo

My fiance and I are going to be staying at the Casa Que Canta for our honeymoon. Is there a particular suite that I should request(i.e.-best view). I would greatly appreciate any input about the hotel, area restaurants, etc. Thanks

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 12:48 PM
lola

hi carlos... we went to villa del sol for our honeymoon so i can't comment on casa que canta except to say that everyone has raved about it. i personally loved being on the beach, but the ocean in zihua is not that great...rough, no snorkeling and not that clean so i don't think you'll be missing anything. as far as restaurants go... we loved coconuts in town (very laid back and great food), and thought Kao Kan was terrific (great food, great service and a great view). we drank beers at JJ's a lot because there were fun people to talk to and the bartender is very cool. zihua is a great town so we went out there every single night. enjoy...it's a terrific place to honeymoon... i'd say perfect. lola

Old May 30th, 2002, 08:42 AM
ilove

Ask for the suite called "Maraquita Linda," I think it's #9. It has a huge patio, totally private, your own pool, view of the ocean (even from your shower).

I stayed there for my own honeymoon!

Old May 31st, 2002, 04:34 AM
Susan

I was surprised by Lola's comment on the ocean in Zihuatanejo. We thought that Playa La Ropa was lovely - very calm water, perfect for swimming. It's true that there wasn't any snorkeling there (limited snorkeling at Playa las Gatas and Isla Ixtapa), but it was wonderful for swimming. (Now Ixtapa is another story - huge waves and not good for swimming.) Maybe it was time of year? We were there in February a few years ago.

Old May 31st, 2002, 11:47 AM
Kat

We're returning to Casa Que Canta for our third stay (30th anniversary) in January. Needless to say, we think it's a superb place for us.

All the pool suites have wonderful views. As a matter of fact, so do the non-pool suites.

Viz. Playa La Ropa -- during rainy season the water is often not clear and the surf and undertow can be powerful enough to cause good swimmers a bit of concern. During dry season, the water is both clearer and calmer. During both seasons water temperature can be a bit chilly for those who are used to Caribbean seas.

Old May 31st, 2002, 01:51 PM
kmd

Hi Kat! We would like to plan a trip to Z but are unsure when to go. Could you tell me when is dry season and when is rainy season. Thanks

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:30 AM
Kat

Hi. Dry season is December through April. Rainy season is May through November.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 08:20 AM
KC

Does it rain a lot during the rainy season? Is it all day rains or just short showers? I am going in a little over a week and have been worried about having to stay in our room the whole time!