Question re: La Casa Que Canta....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I stayed at Villa del Sol in 2002 and had a wonderful stay. We had dinner one evening at La Casa Que Canta and thought it was absolutely beautiful and that the food was amazing. I'd love to go back... but here is the dilemna.... The one thing that my husband didn't love about Zihua was the beach. He prefers the beach to a pool. For that reason alone, he'd prefer to go elsewhere... we're thinking about El Tamarindo Golf Club.

Is it easy to get a seat at the pool... did you feel the resort was too small? I personally loved it.. and would be content to stay off the beach.

Any comments?
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 01:34 PM

My husband and I just came back from our honeymoon at La Casa Que Canta. It was unbelievable. You should not think twice about going there. The pool is incredible. We stayed at El Murmullo (they surprised us), which is the private residence and you share the pool with 6 other people, tops. Go, go, go. We wish we spent our entire time there.
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 01:21 PM

What was the weather like in August? I'd like to go for my honeymoon, but peolpe tell me August is not the month for a visit to "Z".

Thx!
Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 09:39 AM

It is hot and humid and not everything is open in August...however, it didn't stop us at all. We adored La Casa Que Canta and barely left the property.
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 07:28 PM

jennymary, if you're still consdering La Casa Que Canta, I would definitely recommend it! I've stayed at Villa Del Sol, Casa Que Canta, and El Tamarindo. It's true that Tamarindo has a lovely beach, and the villas are wonderful. But the service and food are not near as good as La Casa Que Canta. Also, Tamarindo is quite far away from the small towns in the area, which means you are basically held captive to their restaurant for breakfast (great), lunch (okay), and dinner (very few choices and good but not fantastic). I also LOVE a good beach and was worried that I would miss the beach at La Casa Que Canta. But I absolutely did not! Their saltwater pool, perched right above the ocean, is just amazing. The water comes directly from the ocean and is gloriously refreshing. Then, of course, there is the freshwater infinity pool near the restaurant, also a wonderful spot. The resort is small but I never felt it was too crowded. On the contrary, it often felt like there were only one or two other couples staying there. Unless your husband really wants to surf or bodyboard, I don't think he'd miss the beach.
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 02:06 PM

I totally agree. I too am a beach lover but did not miss the beach for ONE second. I have travelled all over the world and still believe casa que canta to be one of the most beautiful and romatic spots. We are returning for our 2nd trip in December and can't wait!
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 11:19 AM

can someone who's been there please comment on the hotel's rooms? For as breathtaking as the views appear to be, the interior of the rooms on the other hand look extremely basic and not very plush/luxurious. Am I wrong?
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 08:39 AM

We will be there on our honeymoon in the second week of January in a Private Pool Suite. I'll post a review but from what I've read on tripadvisor.com they sound quite plush, in a rustic colonial Mexican way if you will. And for the price, they should be!
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 10:14 AM

the rooms are not "plush" in a ritz-carlton/four seasons kind of way but very large (we stayed in a private pool suite both visits) and more than sufficient (though i did miss a bathtub and think the beds and linens could use a bit of improvement). as a point for comparison, we have stayed at Las Ventanas and while the rooms there are definitely more elaborate and extravagant, they were almost too overdone for a mexican beach vacation. I think their rooms could use a bit of an upgrade at casa que canta but their simplicity is part of the charm of the hotel overall.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 08:38 AM

We are going to stay at La Casa Que Canta this May for our 5-year anniversary. Any recommedations on a special occassion restaurant?