Search

New Rooms at La Mariposa?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Rooms at La Mariposa?

Hello all!<BR>Has anyone been to or seen the new rooms at La Mariposa in MA? We are going to Costa Rica on our honeymoon in late July and thinking about a few days at La Mariposa. Also, which would be better for a honeymoon stay at La Mariposa...one of these new rooms or the honeymoon suite?<BR><BR>We are thinking about 3 days at Xandari (near San Jose), 4 days at La Mariposa, and 3 days at Makanda by the Sea. <BR><BR>Any advice on getting from Xandari to La Mariposa? Car or plane?<BR><BR>Thank you for any help! This forum has been very helpful in our planning so far!
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 05:11 PM

We had a driver from Makanda by the Sea to Xandari. Took about three hours. I enjoyed the trip, some nice scenery.<BR><BR>Makanda by the Sea and La Mariposa are only about a 10 minute walk apart, other than money, I'm not sure why you would want to move. Makanda is absolutely wonderful, although we just had drinks at La Mariposa, I doubt the rooms can compare (and the waiter when we had drinks was just plain rude). I love the Manual Antoni/Quepos area, you'll have a great time.
Old May 14th, 2003, 04:25 AM

We were just there end of April, the new rooms are close to being done. La Mariposa has a spectacular view, and the food and staff were great.

If you go to Xandari, be aware that when we were there beginning of May, our room was broken into, my wife came back to the room to find two men loading all of our clothes up into our own suitcases. They got away with only half of our clothes. The hotel IS beautiful, the staff very nice, just make sure you make good use of the in room safe and make sure the doors and windows are all locked whenever you leave the room! You should have a nice stay.
Old May 14th, 2003, 12:33 PM

I too wonder why you'd want to change between the two hotels that are so close to each other..unless one is less expensive. If that's the case, Yes, the new rooms at La Mariposa are nice, although not as nice for a honeymoon as Makanda....and yes there is a great view. La Mariposa was our favorite spot for sunset happy hour, and Karolas, a great restaurant is right outside the entrance.
Old May 15th, 2003, 03:35 PM

While Makanda is seemingly ideal for a honeymoon, I think that the new rooms at La Mariposa (they're not yet finished...so I don't know how anybody can really comment on them) will be amazing. I was there last weekend and walked around the unfinished interior of their most expensive suite and the view is by far the best in the area. I think Makanda is more intimate as each room is a separate unit...but I'm partial to La Mariposa overall. The dining there isn't great, but there is soooo much good food in Manuel Antonio it doesn't really matter.

Casey