Search

Looking for info on rainy seaon ...traveling in late May

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2004, 11:26 AM
MRW
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for info on rainy seaon ...traveling in late May

I hope to travel to Costa Rica in late May or early June with my sons (19, 22) and husband. In doing research, I noted that this is the rainy season. What experiences have you had with the weather in that time frame? Also, any "must dos" for my sons?

Old Nov 12th, 2004, 11:40 AM

If you do further research, you will find some threads where the rain is discussed.

All the "must do"s for your sons assume that they are active young men.
Zip lines/canopy tours, ATV tours, whitewater rafting, hanging bridges, crocodiles in the rivers, land crabs on the beaches, surfing, fishing, and more await them. Everyone should be able to enjoy the animal wildlife, the food, the history and people of CR.

The rain is warm - as is the weather in general. A few hours a day - not every day - keeps the country green.

Depending on where you are in CR, it could be drier in the North area of Guanacaste. It could be a little more damp in the rainforests everywhere.
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 12:10 PM

May is the very beginning of the rainy season. It doesn't begin with a deluge on May 1, but begins slowly and intensifies gradually, with peak rain occuring during September and October. The odds are highly in your favor not to experience much rain anywhere--unless it's the Caribbean coast which tends toward more rain year round.
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 02:30 PM

So, I found a couple of bookmarks in my CR research folder online :

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/wea...7.htm?CSXX0009

http://www.costarica.com/Home/Weathe...Towns/San_Jose

http://www.infocostarica.com/nature/weather.html
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 04:45 PM

A driver told me years ago that the first week in June is the best time in CR. Its not so hot on the Pacific, and its fairly dry elsewhere. For the last 4 years he has been right and I tell everyone the beginning of June is the best time to come to CR. Its also before the hotels fill up in mid June (at least in the arenal area).

Question to Triplesec & Shillmac: I'm sure you realize that I'm checking the chat sites every couple of days to see if someone is attacking me. So who are you ? Its nice that you help people with info on CR. It just seems odd to be spending so much time here. Are you going to visit my place someday? you know, see all the bugs and construction. Elaine
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 05:05 PM

Whoa there, Elaine! As a matter of fact, I HAD made a mental note that it would be nice to visit the Lost Iguana and I was glad that you took the opportunity to set the record straight regarding the above allegations. I am less inclined to do so as your last post seemed rather unnecessary! Ease up on the paranoia--for the most part, this board is a friendly and respectful one!

Old Nov 12th, 2004, 05:07 PM

Screwed up again! It seems there are no "above allegations". LOL Was referring to the other thread.
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 06:32 PM

Elaine your response was rather rude.

If you'd like to know "who" certain posters are (inasmuch as you can on the internet) may I suggest clicking on shillmac's name - it will bring up all of her kind & informative posts to other fellow travelers.
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 07:09 PM

Elaine, if you have been closely monitoring this board, you should know that the people who frequent it have a deep regard for the country and concern for responsible development. Wouldn't you agree that it is desirable for tourists to examine the impact their visits will have? Your misinterpretation of commitment to preserving this special place as "attacks" on you and your business truely comes across as paranoia on your part.
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 08:53 PM

Before this gets out of hand, friends, I didn't find Elaine's post rude.

We have the spoken word and we have the written word. I think if we all heard Elaine speak what she wrote, we would have been fine with her delivery. I give people the benefit of the doubt -- -- as I have also been mininterpreted after the most innocent of writings.

I think a couple of people here posted out of turn.

I'll answer your primary question:

1) Everyone on Fodors knows that shillmac's heart is in the right place and I will leave it at that.

2) I'm just an average joe that was helped here, on Fodors, prior to my first trip to CR --- and I'm simply trying to return the favor while I learn more and plan our next trip.

I don't think I spend a lot of time here. I also look at the USA and the Europe boards on Fodors. People have helped us plan our trip to Italy and Spain. This isn't the only resource available. There are many other travel bulletin boards to read online. If you're truly curious about your online reputation, you have a lot of surfing ahead of you.

I'd be interested in visiting your place next trip. I'm not at all put off by the bugs or the construction. I've posted elsewhere that we found so much construction in Arenal that your construction wouldn't phase me.

NB: I swung a hammer while in college and work in real estate now, so I view all remodeling and construction as positive things.
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 01:22 PM

Hey guys, I sent MRW here from the Carib board for some more thorough CR info...knock off the bickering

For Shillmac and Triple, to my knowledge they certainly don't go around attacking anyone but rather give helpful and POLITE responses. Just don't get shillmac and I discussing drive times

Enjoy, restart real CR info talk...wonderful country!
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 01:36 PM

wow - I didn't mean to start all this. I apologize for any perceived rudenness. I didn't mean attack the way you took it. And I was not refering to Triple Sec or Shillmac. I welcome all guests and environmentalists to give honest comments, and I am always willing to improve. My goal is to have a resort that Costa Rica can be proud of. I'm going back to work and staying out of this.

Thanks for the computer help. Wish my connection allowed me to roam more.
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 03:02 PM

Elaine, much as I love this board, it's awfully easy to misinterpret the tone of a message. If your comments were made with a smile, than you have my sincere apology. {: {Still can't do those smiley things}!
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 03:09 PM

Molly,
Type a colon with the end parenths (shift 0)
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 03:24 PM

Thanks Traveler 863! :}
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 03:27 PM

Oops! Must have left something out!
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 03:56 PM

Molly,
You're using the wrong bracket! Look for the number 0 on your keyboard, then hold your shift key down for the end parenths for the smiley
You're not going to bed tonite until you do a smiley
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 04:05 PM

Oh, traveler - you are tough!
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 04:25 PM

Old Nov 13th, 2004, 07:15 PM

You guys are nuts!

P.S. Molly, so proud of you!!!