Llao LLao

Oct 18th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Llao LLao

Per this forum I decided to stay at the Llao Llao for 5 nights. I have been told that it is booked for the the nights I want to stay there. My main reason for staying there the vistas etc looked incredible and it seemed that there was hiking etc and all kinds of activity right on the property. My question is can I get a beautiful view at Design Suites? I don't necessarily have to hiking where I am staying as long as hikes and activities are available elsewhere. I really don't want to rearrange my trip but I will if the consensus is to stay there.
Oct 18th, 2005, 12:59 PM

The Design Suites is far from the Llao Llao but still can offer an amazing view if you request a room with a view to the Lake. You can find beautiful views in all hotels that are located on Ezequiel Bustillo Ave, always asking for a room to the lake with a view of course. The difference will always be that on the Llao Llao you have a view to two lakes while at the others you have a beautiful view also but only to one lake. The Design Suites is a very nice place to stay, you'll love it. But if they don't have rooms with a view anymore you can find great views at the Nido del Condor and La Cascada. They are great hotels too.
Oct 23rd, 2006, 04:21 PM

i stayed at the nido del condor last year about this time of year for 4 nights. (special from expedia, 80us for a junior suite. it was heavenly!!! the view was exquisite. i had a room in the new building at the top of the hill facing the lake.
Oct 31st, 2006, 09:09 AM

Llao Llao is a resort, in the old style. Huge grounds
including a golf course, it is located like 20 kms from Bariloche town. However the whole area is beautiful and Design Suites for instance can offer a a great vista, it is located a few kilometers from downtown on Bustillo. Which is the road that links
Bariloche with Llao Llao. I am sure that there are many hotels with lovely views as well because as I said the whole area is beautiful.
Oct 31st, 2006, 10:27 AM

We stayed at Llao Llao for one night in April. We were not impressed. Have to say the property is over-rated. Head north 40 minutes for taxi from Bariloche (about $40US) to the lovly community of Puerto Manzano and stay at Patagonia Paraiso, great rooms with super views at half the cost of Llao Llao. Check out their website and you will see what we mean.
Nov 1st, 2006, 05:00 AM
Jed

LL had the smallest rooms of any hotel we have stayed at. There was not enough room to put our suitcase down.
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:06 PM

They have many different sizes of rooms, some samll, others quite large. Obviously the smaller ones are cheaper. My room was average size with a beautiful view of the lake.
Nov 1st, 2006, 11:44 PM

As doledrums pointed out the hotel, as any big and old hotel has all kind of rooms, different sizes, some more luxurious than others, all kind of different views.
This is an old hotel built by Architect Bustillo, the same one whose name is on the main road from Llao Llao to Bariloche. Of course it has been completely remodelated.
One thing is true the setting of hotel Llao LLao is absolutly fantastic. Also it is very convenient to Puerto Pañuelo from where all boats and catamarans leave for fascinating tours. Including the one that goes to Chile through the lakes.
I guess that when one buys a room through an agency or for some reason at a rate way under the
regular rate one has to expect a "run of the house room " and one has to be lucky to get a really good room.
All guests of course can enjoy the beautiful setting of Hotel Llao Llao, its charming front restaurant for great lunches with a wonderful view etc. etc.etc.
Nov 2nd, 2006, 01:11 AM

Older hotels (llao llao is more of a sophisticated rustic lodge than a hotel)have a distinctive charm all their own. Charm and character come at a price....rooms of various sizes, etc..

I loved my stay at Llao Llao. The room was average size, with a great view. The public areas were fantastic...the setting beautiful and convenient...the list of activities was long and broad enough for virtually anyone to find something to do...the breakfast was among the best I have ever eaten anywhere (fresh raspberries and cream...mmmmm)....and the quality of service was unrivaled at any hotel, anywhere....I would go again in a heartbeat!

(I looked at the web site for the alternative hotel.....it, too, looked nice....with amazing views.....great prices! ....probably no raspberries though