Lake Como-Bellagio Hotels

Sep 10th, 2003, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Lake Como-Bellagio Hotels

I know there are many posts about this area, but I'm still undecided about where I want to stay here and if it's worth splurging on a 5 star hotel. What I'm looking for is a "GREAT" view from my room of Lake Como. I want a well run hotel in a nice location with good food and rooms that have a little flair to them with decent bathrooms. Has anyone been to Lake Como recently over the summer that can recommend a great place to stay. (Hotel Florence, Hotel Belvedere, Hotel Du Lac, or Hotel Villa Serbelloni). Not sure if I want to spend 475 euros for a deluxe room at Villa Serbelloni where they can't even guarantee me a "lake" view. I'd have to upgrade and spend 620 euros to be guaranteed that view and not sure if this is really worth the splurge... Thanks!!!
Sep 10th, 2003, 11:28 AM

Save your money Gail--the Belvedere is your answer. Or, G.H. Tremezzo on the west shore.
Sep 10th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Gino

GailLK,
Spent three days at the Belvedere last month and heartily agree with Bobthenavagator.
You won't go wrong there at less than half the price.

Sep 10th, 2003, 12:17 PM

The Belvedere gets my vote! That's how we started our trip last year. It was migical. It remains our gold standard. Our view from our bathroom was as gorgeous as it gets. The view from the room and accompaning terrace was glorius(the same from the bathroom). I'd go back there in a heart beat-but there are too many other places to see.

Have a glorius time. I'm jealous.

Diane
Sep 10th, 2003, 12:54 PM

Bob the Nav recommended the Belvedere in Bellagio to us for our 1999 trip. Great recommendation. Nice spot and we would stay there again. If you stay on the first floor....one flight up from lobby in Europe...the balconies are larger than higher rooms. View of the lake still great and we consumed a lot of wine out there with our friends.
Sep 10th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all!!! I'm going to check out the Belvedere.... Now if I can just find their website....
Sep 10th, 2003, 01:23 PM

Consider the Grand Hotel Tremezzo in Tremezzo which is directly across the lake from Bellagio. Wonderful hotel. The lake views are terrific. The food is also good and the room was spacious. The hotel is located next to Villa Carlotta.
Sep 10th, 2003, 01:28 PM

Another solid endorsement of the Belvedere. Besides offering great views of the lake, the hotel has another great asset, namely, a wonderfully helpful, cheerful, accommodating and efficient staff!