Search

Leaving Thursday for CR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaving Thursday for CR

We are leaving Thursday. Does anyone know of what the weather is like and should we bring rain gear? If it is raining, does it rain all day? We will be in Arenal Friday, Saturday and leaving Sunday for MA and then onto Rafiki on Wed. Can't wait. Thanks for all the good ideas. Trying to debate on which canopy trip. Leaning towards the one in MA that is a bit tamer. Any advice?

Thanks
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 08:37 PM

It is now "summer" in Costa Rica - meanign the dry season. That said, it can always rain in the rainforest areas and off the Caribbean coast. I wouldn't worry about rain gear but do carry a hat and plastic bags for cameras and such.
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 02:16 AM

If you can manage, take a light rain gear(windbreaker?) In the mountains the evening can be cool.
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 04:11 AM

Please post a trip report when you return. My family will be spending two nights at Rafiki and I am so looking forward to it. Will you go white water rafting with them?

Have a fabulous time.
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 05:14 AM

Yes, certainly do take a small, lightweight rain jacket or poncho.

All of our trips to CR have been in late Jan or early Feb and although it is the dry season, we have always used our rain jacket.

Something small that fits easily into your daypack or even attaches to your belt. Does not have to be anything fancy and not heavy, even as simple as a disposable poncho. The ones we have were very inexpensive, purchased at Wal-mart, pack into themselves forming a pouch. Hope that makes sense!!?!

In SJ, Arenal and the Central Valley temps in the evening have been in the 60's, which for me is cold! So a long sleeve shirt will feel nice under that rainjacket.

No it should not rain all day. Typically we have experienced some rain in the evening.

Old Jan 24th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your responses. Sounds like we have all the right stuff. Now the fun begins.