Azulik

Old Mar 29th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Azulik

Has anyone been to Azulik near Tulum? What is good and/or bad? Should I eat there or somewhere off premises? What else should we do while we are there?
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 05:39 AM

Try looking at tripadvisor.com

There are usually reviews - good and bad.

The place looks nice though to me, but I don't think I can go sans A/C.

If you put Tulum in the search window above, you'll come up with some suggestions.

I think there's a new restaurant there that is good, and I know there are cenotes close by to explore - and of course the ruins.

You can also tour the Si'an Ka'an biosphere close by - 1,000,000 acres of unspoiled wetlands. They have tours that leave from Ana y Jose's in Tulum.
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I have been on quite a few Caribbean vacations without AC. You should try it. Thanks for the info. I will look at trip advisor.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 03:35 AM

Heh heh. I have tried it several times, and it just doesn't work for me.

I'm fine during the day, but I can't sleep when I'm too warm. Also, the bugs just feast on me and then I'm too hot AND itchy - not a good combination!

Old Mar 31st, 2004, 08:35 AM

Diana, the cabanas at Azulik are built on a rise overlooking the sea. They receive a pretty strong sea breeze day and night which keeps you cool and keeps the bugs at bay. There will be very, very few places on the beaches of Tulum that even have electricity for more than a couple of hours each night, let alone air conditioning. The generators it takes to run this power are just not environmentally friendly.
I had the same concerns you have before my first trip to Tulum. I found it just isn't a problem. In June, I will be going back for my fourth stay at Cabanas Copal, which is next door to Azulik. I think you will find Azulik has great food, as does Copal. You will also be very close to other places to eat such as Zamas and Gringo Daves.
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

thanks to everyone who has posted a response. If you or anyone else has any other comments, please post them. I leave for Azulik on Jan. 28.
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 10:32 AM

JD_C, please be sure to post a review of Azulik at www.tripadvisor.com We are going in early April after much research and we are really looking forward to it. We pretty much know what to expect and we want to try something different, away from kids and the all inclusives. The reviews at tripadvisor are a big help for others. Hope you enjoy your stay. PS :if you go to www.cancunmap.com, they will immediately send out a map of Riviera Maya that includes a section on Tulum, with restaurant names and descriptions, as well as other hotels and things to do in the area. It is a wealth of info put together by a man named Perry and his wife. The info is up to date, just printed in January. Have a nice trip!