Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Las Ventanas, Esperanza, One & Only Palmilla or La Casa Que Canta?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My BF and I are in serious need of a long weekend of pampering, haute cuisine and oceanfront vistas. Can anyone help us figure out which of these luxury resorts is the ticket?

I've seen awesome reviews along with some criticism (of course) for everyone, and it seems like people are divided on the level of service and food at each. Appreciate any and all thoughts from those who've stayed at some of these venues.

Seems like you get slightly more bang for the buck at LCQC, maybe b/c it's in Zihua and not Cabo?

Thanks!
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Has anyone been lately that can help me? Please help...I must escape LA!?
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 06:14 AM

Between Las Ventanas, Esperanza, and Pamilla, for me it'd definitely be Esperanza. The most beautiful of the 3, imho.
La Casa was just named best hotel in Latin America by Travel and Leisure, and Esperanza topped out the other 2. But haven't been to Zihua yet, my first trip will be next month...cant wait!
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 07:06 AM

I have been to all except Esperanza. Of the three, my choice would be LCQC, Las Ventanas, and then Palmilla. I just don't love Cabo. It just seems too "California" to me and I live in California. That being said, Las Ventanas is a beautiful resort with amazing rooms. If people are saying that Esperanza is even better, I would choose there if you want to go to Cabo.

I am a big fan of Mexico, which is one of the reasons I love LCQC. It actually feels like Mexico. I think it just depends what you like. I read a review of LCQC which said that they didn't like it because it wasn't like the Four Seasons, which, no, it isn't. If you want it to be like the Four Seasons, you should go to the Four Seasons. If that is what you are looking for, you could also consider the Four Seasons Punta Mita.
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 08:50 AM

kwil, absolutely agree with you about Cabo being too much like California. I like it, but it doesn't feel much like Mexico.
Palmilla felt especially glitzy, "California" to me. But people love it, so different strokes --
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

We finally made it down to Cabo...and we loved it! Here are my pics:
www.flickr.com/gp/10961561@N05/D1v32L

We ended up staying at ME Cabo...definitely for the younger party set, which we are still (not for much longer).