Search

Las Brisas Ixtapa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Brisas Ixtapa

My husband and I are spending a week at Las Brisas. Any advice ? Ideas of must-see places ? We are going all-inclusive but I heard there are some warnings with this. Any comments? Thanks.
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 03:46 PM

Las Brisas is a lovely property. My home is across the streets from their tennis courts.
I find The area's restaurant terrific & in all price points.
Going out for dinner should at least be an occasional option.
Day trips include Petatlan with it's unique white church with it's Jesus Negro said to preform Miracles. Also it has one of Mexico's few public gold jewelry Market.
Barra de Potosi on a lovely 9 1/2 mile beach with a nice fresh water Lagoon. A real fishing village.
Troncones is North & a fabulous beach with miles & miles to it BUT very rough. A real surfers beach but also a nice day trip. I highly recommend Mi Casa Su Casa with good restaurant & pool/ All for the price of a modest lunch.
Zihua is a real but growing village with excellent tourist shopping about 30% less than Ixtapa prices. feel free to e-mail me with any questions.
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. Great to be living in Ixtapa!! Looking forward to our trip.
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 04:24 PM

Stewbear-I wrote down your suggestions that you gave bretter. I surprized my husband with an early birthday gift. A week at Park Royal Ixtapa Feb 28th for a week. Do you know anything about that resort? it is all inclusive-which I usually don't like but I was getting desperate for a timeshare trade. this will be our 3rd visit to Ixtapa-last one over 10 years ago. And yes you are lucky to be living there-especially in the winter months. Chris
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:44 PM

We stayed in Ixtapa and had a great day trip to Barra de Potosi. We rented kayaks and lounged and had FRESH fish [the fishermen fished from shore and ran to the restaurant]. Bring cash. I have limited [very] Spanish so it was fun drawing to each other in the sand the price for kayaks.

We also went to Catcha L'ola and hired the guy to take us surfing. He closed up shop and we hopped in his beetle to spend a few hours. It was a blast!

The bus running from Ixtapa to Zihua was great as we preferred hanging in Zihua.

We did non-AI so we had a blast finding the great restaurants, and there were many. One of my faveorite meals was Villa de la Selva.

Trish
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:46 PM

forgot to check spelling...favorite!
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 08:12 PM

Date: 01/02/2009, 08:24 pm
Stewbear-I wrote down your suggestions that you gave better. I surprised my husband with an early birthday gift. A week at Park Royal Ixtapa Feb 28th for a week. Do you know anything about that resort? it is all inclusive-which I usually don't like but I was getting desperate for a timeshare trade. this will be our 3rd visit to Ixtapa-last one over 10 years ago. And yes you are lucky to be living there-especially in the winter months. Chris

Sorry I know little about any of the AI hotels as they for the most part do not allow
outsiders in.
Lot's of growth in the last 10 years. Especially around Zihua.
I am not spending as much time in our Villa (read Townhouse in the states) this season due to some personal issues bu am planning on spending most of February/March there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:26 PM

Stewbear-sorry about your personal issues. I couldn't find anything under townhouse in the states.Enjoy Feb & March down there. I do love Zugua so we will probably bus there a few times but mostly just hang our at our resort. A week is really too short. In December we will go for 3 weeks.
Take care of yoruself-Chris
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:35 PM

A townhouse is an attached normally 2 or 3 story home usually fairly narrow but deep.
Ours in Ixtapa is in a small complex of 12 units. It is about 1,000 square feet on two floors with one bedroom but 2 full baths plus a nice patio on the first & a Balcony with a ocean view on the second so it is modest. We have nice common grounds & a small pool. A married couple maintains the complex.
We do not rent them out.