Search

La Paz area, 1st, or last?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
La Paz area, 1st, or last?

We are a family with 3 kids traveling to M.A. and Arenal in June for 11 nights. We arrive in S.J. in the evening. The hotel we want to stay at in M.A. has openings during the beginning of our trip. Can't decide if we should visit La Paz the 1st day, and stay the 1st and 2nd night somewhere in Alajuela and see La Paz before M.A., or stay the 2 nights in Alajuela after Arenal. Driving wise, what is the best route and least hectic way? Is is out of our way to go to the La Paz area before M.A.?
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 03:38 PM

I would go to MA first. You would then have the option of staying in the La Paz/Poas area on your return from Arenal one night or continue onto Alajuela on the more direct route and drive north again to La Paz the next day.
Get a good map.
I like my Costa Rica ITMB available from Amazon.com.

Have a wondeful journey!

Old Jan 24th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the map info, I'm going to order it! So La Paz and Arenal are more on the way home from Arenal? We have to stay somewhere by the airport the first night since we get in at 8:30p.m. and then 2 other nights at the end of our trip to see La Paz area. I would like to keep the same hotel for all of those nights, any suggestions? There are 5 of us.
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 09:47 AM

La Paz is north of Alejuela 1-1.5 hrs? not sure of the time and can be accesesed via a very scenic alternate route coming from Arenal. The more direct route from Arenal to Alajuela is also scenic through La Tigra and then to CA1 near San Ramon.

The Orquideas (deluxe room or dome) may be a good bet for the family which is on the road to La Paz on the edge of Alajuela and 15-20 mins from the Airport. They may have a rollaway for the third child and the delixe is large enough for it.
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 09:53 AM

http://www.orquideasinn.com/rooms.html#TYPE