Notices

La Mansion in Arenal- please advise

Old Jan 9th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
La Mansion in Arenal- please advise

We are very close to finalizing our plans for this April and b/c we are bringing our kids and my parents for their first trip to CR, I want to make SURE that I do my homework. La Mansion looks fantastic and the tripadvisor reviews are wonderful. My only concern is that no one seems to discuss it on this forum, and fodors has not reviewed it. Does anyone have any input before I commit? thanks
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 04:20 PM

I can't say that I am sure of this, but we were in Arenal in June of 05 and we arrived in Arenal after driving around the lake from Monteverde.
It seems that La Mansion in quite a drive from town of Arenal. There really isn't much up that road as you drive north going away from Arenal on the east side of the lake...although right in the vicinity of La Mansion is a cute shop called Toad Hall (or something like that) where they sell local art and you can get a wonderful dessert on their porch overlooking the lake. Personally, I would stay closer to the town.
You can email me if you need further info. EK
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 08:58 AM

We stayed at La Mansion for 3 nights in November and loved it. The setting is beautiful, the staff is fabulous, the food was great and the rooms are spectacular. Each day we drove into La Fortuna for various tours and activites and returned to La Mansion in the evening. The drive is between 30-40 minutes and the roads are not that bad.
We would highly recommend La Mansion. The highlights of our CR trip were our time at La Mansion and our stay at Bosque del Cabo. Both incredible!
Any other questions...please ask.
Check out tripadvisor for more info.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:12 AM

My husband and I started our honeymoon in Costa Rica last October at La Mansion - we were there for three amazing days - it is truly a breathtaking property. The staff was very accomodating, the food was delicious - it was so nice to take our breakfast on the porch overlooking the lake every morning. The drive down to La Fortuna wasn't bad at all, nothing that would deter us from staying here again. I recommend it highly!
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

I can't thank you all enough! What fantastic reviews! We knew it was a bit further, but during past visits to Arenal, we hardly head into town except for tours. Sounds worth it! Thanks again for your input. Jill