Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Krystal Vallarta timeshare:have you been recently?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2003, 06:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A colleague has booked her timeshare for a week for $400(that is the annual fee she said) for me without my approval. She claimed that it has cost her $200+ to secure that time slot from the place called RCI where she banks her time. i just read the most awful review on trip advisor of that hotel. Has anyone been to Krystal timeshare recently? Is it worth $400+?
thanks for your imput,
mohan
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 04:21 AM

We have stayed in the hotel portion of this resort for the last 6-7 years, the timeshare rooms are off to one side of the resort. The best part of this place is the grounds. It is a sprawling place with lush tropical landscaping, nice! There is one huge pool area right on the ocean with 2 swim up bars and music. Then there is a very quiet rectangular lap pool, and lastly over by the timeshare rooms is another pool that has a big slide into it. Lots of choices for swimming. When we were there in Feb 03 they were just planning a new tower geared towards all-inclusive guests, but I don't know if that is finished yet. Takes away one of my old positive comments about this resort, which used to be "no high rise buildings". We have decided to make a change this year and stay somewhere else for a few different reasons, but I certainly think the Krystal is a good place to stay. Don't be worried, I am sure you will enjoy it. Every resort will get a bad review here and there. Have you been to PV before? It is a great city! I suggest eating in town for dinner every night, the restaurants are wonderful in PV.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 05:14 AM

Here's a link to a few photos of the Krysal and PV...There are photos of the main pool in the first link and photos of the pool by the timeshares in the 2nd link. Let me know if you have any other questions!

http://community.webshots.com/album/31746561GPBvaUeGJk

http://community.webshots.com/album/63169317iQmYhC
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

thanks loangalsal for your reply. i read there is construction still going on the ground due to the hurrican attack in last oct. The swimming pool were closed!!!!!!incredible noise!!!!!!!! The time-share people chase after you. I went to PV and lots of places in mexico as a backpacker in 1997 right after college and loved it. Our usual vacation is under the tuscan sun. The bottom line: i feel that i am forced to swallow something that does not smell or taste good. Hopefully it is not all bad for my stomach.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

thanks again. those are great pix. i actually feel better now. i meet the nicest people on this forum. Wish i had the same luck in real life.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 06:07 AM

I was there 3 months after the hurricane. The main pool was fully back in service (good as new) as were the other two pools. There was some damage to some of the timeshare rooms, but they were already in full swing repairing them, I bet they are done now. At the south end of the resort (timeshares are at the north end), there were small "villa" type rooms that were quite damaged by the hurricane, but that is where the new tower is going (I think). I don't know if the tower is done yet or not, that might be the construction you heard about. The photos on the second link I posted were taken AFTER the hurricane, so no worries about that. Glad I could help, have a great time! Let me know if you have other questions.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 08:12 AM

It really did cost her this much to book the timeshare. RCI charges a fee of approx $125 to do an exchange, and her resort can charge a fee for banking the week, too.

Of all the timeshare resorts I have been to, I've never found one that was just so disgusting that I wouldn't stay there. Sure, they might not be equal to the Four Seasons, but for the price they cost, it's a good value.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

thanks christieP for the info. the problem was i did not know that colleague that well. i mentioned i was interested from sat to sat and she booked from fri to fri without consulting me. Then there is the bank charges. As if there is not enough stress to deal with, i found myself in a situation that i didn't ask for. I couldn't help thinking if the info given was kosher.