JW Marriott Resort & Spa - Cancun

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:41 AM
Andrea

JW Marriott Resort & Spa - Cancun

I must share with everyone that this hotel was AMAZING and somewhere to seriously consider staying on your next visit to Cancun. There is no review on the Fodor's site for this new Marriott, but I will tell you that the hotel is lavish, the rooms have huge bathrooms and private balconies overlooking the ocean. We felt like royalty as far as the wonderful service and the spa facility was beautiful! All in all, we had a wonderful trip to Cancun and will definitely return in the future and again stay at the JW.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Robin

Andrea,
My husband and I are going to the JW this weekend (May 5-12). Did you have to pay extra to use the spa/workout facilities? How much were the spa treatments. I have been trying to get this info from the hotel but no one has given me specifics.
Thanks Robin

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 07:14 PM
as

thanks for your comments! I am trying hard to find a resort for the family this summer, and I'd love to know more. Can you tell us how the beach was by the hotel, and approximately what room prices are. Really appreciate your posting your comments!
a.s.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Andrea

We did not have to pay extra to use the workout equipment and it was a pretty decent gym. The spa has a huge list of treatments available. I had a swedish message and it was wonderful. It cost $90 US dollars for 50 minutes, but it was worth every penny.
As far as the beach off of the hotel, the sand was white and the water beautiful, but a little rough. But the water is general had a pretty strong undertow. I am not sure about the room prices as we turned in Membership Rewards points, but the hotel is worth the money!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:17 PM
Cheryl

Can anyone compare the JW Marriott to the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach in terms of location, atmosphere, rooms, beach and pool? Is one more or less likely to have lots of kids at the pool? (which I would prefer?)

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Mark

Can't speak for the JW, but we just returned from FAGCB with our 16 and 12 year olds. Typically, a few kids around, but not too many. They have 4 pools, and at any given time there may have been 2 or 3 kids in any one of them.